AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

HunterSCUSA
Message 11 of 17 (379 Views)

Re: Copy problem paste problem wrong

01-02-2013 10:42 AM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

Here are a couple files showing what is going on, and it has gotten even stranger.

One file I want to send is way to large with not much on it.... this is a flag to something wrong I believe also.  With this file I wish to send I can ctrl+a delete and save and it's still over 3 MB of space, and I can keep repeating ctrl+a delete and it deletes one item each time.  This is the file I'm trying to copy paste new block.dwg into.  Explain.jpg shows the circled item the disappears and distance between the arrows changes when trying to paste new block.dwg onto the to large to send file.

Now the weirder part I just found out, I can copy new block.dwg into the file it messes up on, copy the messed up block, paste it back into new block.dwg, and it's the same block, not messed up.

Way I found to fix, externalreference new block.dwg into the file and it is right.  So, is this considered a conclusion or will we try and still figure out the reason for the problem?

Product Support
Shawn_Niles
Message 12 of 17 (354 Views)

01-03-2013 08:59 AM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

It's hard to tell without seeing the problematic file, but it sounds like you might just have a corrupt file on your hands. If this works well in other files, but just not in the one that you are talking about, it is probably a problem with that file only. You can try running AUDIT and PURGE to see if that will clean the file. If not, you may want to consider rebuilding the file from scratch so that you have a clean file.

Shawn Niles
*Expert Elite*
hmsilva
Message 13 of 17 (350 Views)

01-03-2013 09:06 AM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

HunterSCUSA,
just one more approach,
command "wblck", select option "Entire drawing".
See if the new dwg keeps the same behavior...

Henrique

HunterSCUSA
Message 14 of 17 (339 Views)

01-03-2013 01:04 PM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

Ok thanks for those ideas I really thought the wblock would work.... but no luck.  Audit and Purge come back with no problems either.  Recover also comes back clean.

Now I can do something else, the file after wblock into new file is now small enough to send I think.  So, this conroe block.dwg is the file i'm trying to get new block.dwg into, but explain.jpg problems still occur when using copy paste.

HunterSCUSA
Message 15 of 17 (321 Views)

01-08-2013 05:06 AM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

Autodesk Suppot Team finally found the answer.  What it was was that while trying to copy and paste I already had an old block named the same on the drawing.  So, the drawing was pasting what it already had named that into the drawing instead of the new info for it that I was trying to paste.  Kind of like when you try to copy and paste a file in windows that has the same name it asks you what you want to do, copy/replace, copy/both, do nothing, well AutoCad it seems does not, and it just pastes the old data.

rama5990
Message 16 of 17 (259 Views)

05-08-2013 02:24 PM in reply to: Shawn_Niles

I am also having an issue while trying to copy/paste via clipboard. I copy (with or without basepoint) on one drawing then try to paste to another drawing using ctrl v. the first two times, the object pastes. On the third attempt my cursor looks like it is trying to paste somehting and if i move near an object on the drawing it snaps to points, but no object pastes. After doing so i check my layer manager and the layers involved with this action do paste. after a few attempts with no luck, a weird object i have never seen before appears.

I have tried to purge and audit as well as copying the whole drawing to a new drawing but have had no luck.

Side note, after ctrl v is pressed (or ctrl shift v) the command line says somehting about duplicatcation of some block name ignored.

ace
ace
Message 17 of 17 (235 Views)

05-15-2013 11:34 AM in reply to: HunterSCUSA

So how did they fix the problem?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.