Did you mean: 

Coordinate system with X & Y on different scales... or geographic location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BJCoop
331 Views, 1 Reply

Coordinate system with X & Y on different scales... or geographic location

My First Post!

My overall goal is to get a site plan image on an AutoCAD drawing (basic AutoCAD) with a decimal geographic location coordinate system. (ie 36.7555, -92.7555 = South Missouri) . I have no clue what's the best way.

What I did so far is:
1) I imported an image from Google earth which has 4 reference lines for latitude (2) and longitude (2)
2) I scaled the image to correct size in AutoCAD
3) I manually made a grid (drawing ACAD lines based on the given lat/long lines)...

The problem I am having is that latitude and longitude don't have the same length for every degree. I don't know what to do next. My end goal in any method is to be able to click on a point somewhere in the drawing and have AutoCAD tell me a read out equivalent to the decimal geographic location (even if it's a generic unit) If there is a way for me to make a coordinate system in ACAD that allows X & Y to have a different scale (ie 1 step left on X=2 units; one step up on Y=5 units etc) this would suffice.

Any help is welcome.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
steve216586
in reply to: BJCoop

You can use the grid feature for snaps and make the distance different in the Y axis than the X axis.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. "-Eleanor Roosevelt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost