Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting polylines with width and text into close polylines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vlsf1980
1059 Views, 3 Replies

Converting polylines with width and text into close polylines

As the above mentioned, I have a drawing drawn using polylines with width from someone. The width of the line are suppose to represent area,

To put things into prospective, here is an example:

The polyline is 10 unit long and with a width of 2 unit wide. If i explode that polyline, it will become a single polyline without width. The line are suppose to represent 10 unit long and 2 unit wide; representing an area.

My question is is there a way to change the line above directly from polyline with width to a close polyline (4 x polylines) of 10 unit long and 2 unit wide. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: vlsf1980

Use command FLATTEN and choose Yes

or go here and get the autolisp:  http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/linear-objects/polyline-outline

Message 3 of 4
GrantsPirate

Use PEDIT and select the width option, set to 0. Is that what you are after?

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi

I think I understand your question. You basically want to change a pline with a width to be shown as a four sided closed polyline (see attachment).

I don't belive that is possible (unless others on here know how it can be done) a pline is effectively a single lline with a width so cannot be shown as a 4 sided object/closed polyline.

Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost