Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting polylines with width and text into close polylines

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vlsf1980
1056 Views, 3 Replies

Converting polylines with width and text into close polylines

As the above mentioned, I have a drawing drawn using polylines with width from someone. The width of the line are suppose to represent area,

To put things into prospective, here is an example:

The polyline is 10 unit long and with a width of 2 unit wide. If i explode that polyline, it will become a single polyline without width. The line are suppose to represent 10 unit long and 2 unit wide; representing an area.

My question is is there a way to change the line above directly from polyline with width to a close polyline (4 x polylines) of 10 unit long and 2 unit wide. Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: vlsf1980

Use command FLATTEN and choose Yes

or go here and get the autolisp:  http://cadtips.cadalyst.com/linear-objects/polyline-outline

Message 3 of 4
GrantsPirate

Use PEDIT and select the width option, set to 0. Is that what you are after?

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 4 of 4
xSmiffyx

Hi

I think I understand your question. You basically want to change a pline with a width to be shown as a four sided closed polyline (see attachment).

I don't belive that is possible (unless others on here know how it can be done) a pline is effectively a single lline with a width so cannot be shown as a 4 sided object/closed polyline.

Regards

"Please Mark "accepted as solution" if this solved your question and give KUDOS"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost