Did you mean: 

Converting plans from Millimeters to Inches

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
eaglesj
879 Views, 6 Replies

Converting plans from Millimeters to Inches

Hey guys,

I created a set of plans for a skills competition at the school here using AutoCAD 2012.  I made it in millimeters, but we typically use imperial tape measures.  Is there a way that I can convert the plans from millimeters to inches? 

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: eaglesj

Command:

-dwgunits, change from mm  to inches

the drawing will rescale

Message 3 of 7
dmfrazier

One thing you could do is dimension your DWG with a dimstyle that displays dual (alternate) units.

If you want to try to "convert" the DWG, you could either scale everything based on the ratio of the units, or you could set the DWG's insertion scale factor variable to millimeters (INSUNITS = 4), then insert it into a new, empty DWG that has its insertion scale factor set to inches (INSUNITS = 1).

Message 4 of 7
eaglesj

So I tried typing dwgunits, but it is an invalid command. 

Message 5 of 7
eaglesj
in reply to: dmfrazier

Hey dmfrazier,

Can you be more specific as to how I do this?  I'm pretty new to autocad.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
dmfrazier

Patchy's (excellent) suggestion was -dwgunits (the dash at the beginning is part of the "command").

Can you please be more specific as to what you would like me to be more specific about? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 7
mmininches

Yes, you can convert plans from Millimeters to Inches using the steps mentioned in this article clearly - Millimeters to Inches.

Hope this helps!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost