AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

yabiman
Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Converting micrometer scale features into a pdf file

307 Views, 1 Replies
02-22-2010 03:53 PM
I design 2D patterns which consist of micron scale unit patterns (15um x 15um or 2.5 um x 2.5 um squares). Since I can change the basic unit of a drawing in 'Drawing Utilities', I was able to design micron scale patterns. Also, my goal is to convert the designed image into pdf files because the machine I am trying to use only reads pdf files. However, every time I convert it to a pdf file, the resolution of pdf files is not high enough to represent micron scale patterns. What I want is I want the pdf reader to be able to zoom in the patterns, keeping sharp micron scale patterns.

Is there a way to do it? Or, simply AutoCAD 2010 is not a program for micron scale features?
*jg
Message 2 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: Converting micrometer scale features into a pdf file

02-23-2010 08:20 AM in reply to: yabiman
I don't think your problem is in autocad. You need to review your
plotting parameters for pdf. Set resolution much higher, but limit your
page size otherwise your file size will explode.

On 2/22/2010 6:53 PM, yabiman wrote:
> I design 2D patterns which consist of micron scale unit patterns (15um x 15um or 2.5 um x 2.5 um squares). Since I can change the basic unit of a drawing in 'Drawing Utilities', I was able to design micron scale patterns. Also, my goal is to convert the designed image into pdf files because the machine I am trying to use only reads pdf files. However, every time I convert it to a pdf file, the resolution of pdf files is not high enough to represent micron scale patterns. What I want is I want the pdf reader to be able to zoom in the patterns, keeping sharp micron scale patterns.
>
> Is there a way to do it? Or, simply AutoCAD 2010 is not a program for micron scale features?
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.