AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 1 of 2 (734 Views)

Constraint based on attribute (text box) width?

734 Views, 1 Replies
04-17-2012 02:26 PM

I'm doing new titleblocks for our office.

Is there a way to constrain a few objects to an attribute text box width?    I want the background box and line to stretch, based on what is typed in that attribute box.

I know that if I make the attribute, a multi-line attribute, I can add a backgroud mask.  I don't want to take this route, because the mask boundary varies, depending on what character is typed.  Also, there is a gap between the mask and line I would like to maintain.

I tried some constraint stuff, but all I seem to be able to constrain is the insertion point of the text box, and not the width grip...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Contributor
sylvain_c
Message 2 of 2 (712 Views)

Re: Constraint based on attribute (text box) width?

04-18-2012 08:05 AM in reply to: sylvain_c

I guess what I'm trying to do here is to constrain objects to a text node (not the insertion point)... is that possible?

Whenever I select the horizontal constraint and want to select the node it tells me "invalid point" (i specified snap to node)...

Would a lisp routine help me with this?  If so, is it going to work on the seats that have AutoCAD LT installed?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.