Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

clean up a file

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
linkboy
841 Views, 5 Replies

clean up a file

the attached file has no entites. Just can niot reduce the file size. It was a Xref host file can not use Wblock or will lose the insert coordinates. Can someone help to find why this file is so big?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: linkboy

If you can look at the file that is xref'd. It may have blocks, fonts, wipeouts and other stuff that are not needed. I would look to purge that drawing to see if you can reduce that one. Hope I understand your ?. HTH
Message 3 of 6
linkboy
in reply to: Anonymous

the issue is the file itself. If you open the file, and draw only one line, it is a 9MB file.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I would then make a copy of the file and start deleting things and see what gives. Blank text, turn on the frames for the wipeouts and stuff like that. I have encounters crap in the drawing when I erase everything. Then I do a list all and it list anonymous objects like blank text and such. I am unable to look at your drawing at the moment. But that is the next thing I would do. HTH
Message 5 of 6
dgorsman

The usual culprit these days is DGN linetype bloat.  A search in the AutoCAD patches and hotfixes download area should turn up a tool that can help.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 6 of 6
pendean

Your file constains the following hidden items:
DGN Linetypes Purged : 14434
DGN Complex Linetypes Purged : 100908
DGN Text Styles Purged : 324

If you are using 2012 or higher versions of AutoCAD, the Exchange Store has a free plug-in called DWG Purge that cleans that junk out. There is also an Autodesk Tool you can use too available on their website.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost