Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing the layer of an entity

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rewis
273 Views, 8 Replies

Changing the layer of an entity

I went from 2007 to 2011 recently, yeah I know I'm living in the past. The issue I need help with is changing the layer an entity is on. With 2007 I could highlight the object and find the the layer I want to change it to in the layer pull down and select it. Now with 2011 when I try that it does not take effect the first time. I have to repeat the process at least once and sometimes twice. A lot of times the first attempt will only get part of the objects I have highlighted. Am I using a technique that does not work with 2011? Any and all responces will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Russell

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: rewis

Sounds like PICKFIRST isn't setting to 1 on 2011

Message 3 of 9
rewis
in reply to: Patchy

I'm not at that particular computer at the moment. It's after hours when I'm using it so I'm asking now while everyone is awake! But I'll check that and respond. Thanks for the suggestion.

Russell

Message 4 of 9
rewis

Patchy, I have "pickfirst" set to 1. Must be a bug in my program and I guess I'll be living with it.

Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Russell

Message 5 of 9
jggerth1

'Layer Pulldown" -- are you talking about the Ribbon control for layers, or the Toolbar for layers?

Message 6 of 9
rewis
in reply to: jggerth1

The toolbar.

Message 7 of 9
jggerth1

Keeping the old-school Toolbars current seems to have lost favor ---- Does using the ribbon Layer control work better?  I've added it to my QAT in 2014 for convenience-- don't recall if that was possible in 2011 or not.

Message 8 of 9
rewis
in reply to: jggerth1

JGerth,

never used the ribbon, but I'll see if that has any impact.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9
rewis

JGerth, it seems so far that using the ribbon works but the issue isn't consistent so I'll have to give it more time. Thanks a bunch for taking the time to help. If the problem completely goes away by using the ribbon I'll post an update.

Thanks again,

Russell

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost