AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
pchabot
Message 1 of 1 (1,665 Views)

CFG file location

1665 Views, 0 Replies
11-02-2009 07:43 AM
We have a shared computer (anyone can log on it, not assign to anyone in particular).

When I install AutoCAD, all the paths are set to the user that was used for the install (C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\...).
I change the default profile to have the paths to C:\AutoDESK\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\...
This way anyone that logs in to this PC has access to all the files (since C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\... is not accessible to all users since they are not Admin of the PC).

This works except for the Configuration File path which is read only. You can change it with the /c command line switch but it only works if I start AutoCAD from a Shortcut. It does not save it.

If the user double clicks on a DWG from the explorer it uses the path from the installation and since he does not have read access to this directory, it makes AutoCAD reacts weirdly.

How can I change it permenantly to a new location (ex. C:\AutoDESK\AutoCAD 2010\R18.0\acad2010.cfg).

Thanks in advance
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.