AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Contributor
Tasha_D
Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)

Cell Formating Height and Width From Excel to Autocad

314 Views, 2 Replies
04-17-2012 12:59 PM

Please Help! I've created a data link, linked to my autocad drawing, checked the box to keep excel formatting and update.  Once i Import the table, the size of the table is NOTHING like what the size is in excel.

I have my page layout in excel to be 11 x 17 landscape.  I have my table at about 9 1/4 x 15 landscape. Once I import it into autocad, it is now about 6 3/8 x 20 1/4. I don't know what i'm doing wrong but i need it to transfer just like it is in excel as far as the size of it.  Anyone have any ideas?!

Mentor
DSM_dude
Message 2 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: Cell Formating Height and Width From Excel to Autocad

04-18-2012 06:41 AM in reply to: Tasha_D

I've ran into this problem a few times, and the only solution I have came up with is to adjust the cells in AutoCAD.

You can change the cell width and height in the properties. Just hightlight the ones you want to change.

Cad Blog:
http://geauxcad.wordpress.com/
Contributor
Tasha_D
Message 3 of 3 (284 Views)

Re: Cell Formating Height and Width From Excel to Autocad

04-18-2012 10:08 AM in reply to: DSM_dude

I was hoping that wasn't the answer.  Im trying to create a template for our group to use along the the excel. I guess if i fixe it the way i want it in th template, if they do a "save as" the table size will stay the same.

Thanks for your reply.

anyone else have any other solutions?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.