Cant uninstall/reinstall/install

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1198 Views, 5 Replies

Cant uninstall/reinstall/install

Im at a loss.....

Im running Autocad 2011 LT.

My computer crashed last week, and I ran the computer through the recommended re-boot process in Windows 7. After that a lot of programs have been not working correctly or coming up with errors.

When started Autocad, when the program starts, a window pops up  that says,

" C:/windows/system32/pnrpns.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original media or contact your admin or the software vendor for support"

After hitting the OK Autocad loads and starts up. But some of my previous files will not load and come up with an error.

So naturally I go to uninstall to reinstall Autocad. First step, go into control panel to uninstall the program and another error pops up.

" An error occurred while trying to uninstall AutoCAD LT 2011-English. It may have already been uninstalled.Whould you like to remove it from the Programs and features list?"

If you click Yes or NO, nothing happens.

Ive tried putting the disc in to reinstall but of corse it wont let me because this version is already installed.

HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!

I have no clue what else to do.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jggerth
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like it's time to FDisk the hard drive, re-install the OS, and start from scratch with all your applications.  

copy all your data files off to another drive first -- or they'll be gone forever.

Message 3 of 6
Charles_Shade

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums! LT Forum is linked in my signature.

Since you have started with a clean slate so to speak lets see if we can get you back to a clean AutoCAD LT install.

Give this uitily a try and see if it will take care of the partial LT install: REVO UNINSTALLER The free version on its most aggressive setting will get rid of all files. Use this as the uninstall instead of Windows.

Then follow this advice from Autodesk to confirm that all registry entries are gone:

Autodesk Recommended Clean Install Procedure:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240817&id=2887771&siteID=123112

Uninstall all instances of .NET and C++ on your computer.

Turn off Anitvirus and then install as an Administrator.

Installation and Licensing Forum:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Message 4 of 6
jggerth
in reply to: Charles_Shade

If "a lot of progams" then it's probably a deeper issue than just acad.  Hence my rather drastic suggestion.

There are times that ruthlessness is required to keep computers computing.Robot LOL

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Agreed: based on the OP notes the drastic fix is required.
Message 6 of 6
edwin.prakoso

You can uninstall the previous installation by using Microsoft FixIt.

Read this: How to manually uninstall the product using Microsoft Fix it

After you succesfully uninstall it, you better run clean uninstall procedure.

Read about how to remove all Autodesk product from a Windows System.

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost