Did you mean: 

Cannot See Xref in Model Space

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
markopilic
2639 Views, 3 Replies

Cannot See Xref in Model Space

Hello All, 

I am using AutoCadd 2011. I am working on a mechanical plumbing drawing. There are two files: M1-01 is the plumbing drawing of the first floor with the 1st floor Xreffed in. M1-02 is the plumbing drawing of the second floor with the 2nd floor xreffed in. I am trying to xref file M1-02 into file M1-01. When I import M1-02 into M1-02 I cannot see anything in the model space. When I create a viewport I can see what I have drawn in file M1-02 in the viewport of file M1-01.

I have searched the forums high and low for a solution, however, I have not been successful.

Can anyone help?

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: markopilic

Can you XREF this same file in another DWG file and have it appear in modelspace?
Message 3 of 4
markopilic
in reply to: pendean

Hey,

I tried xreffing the file into another drawing and it does not show up just like in my initial post.

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
IanMcClain
in reply to: markopilic

It sounds like there are 4 drawings: M1-01, first floor, M1-02, and second floor. If the first and second floor drawings are xrefed as overlays in M1-1 and M1-02 repesctively, then you wouldn't see them when M1-02 is xrefed into M1-01 or vice versa.

If this is the case go to the xref manager in M1-01&-02 and change the xrefs to attachments instead of overlays.

Ian McClain

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost