AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Valued Contributor
bluefox
Message 1 of 2 (459 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can you use the Layer State manager within viewports?

459 Views, 1 Replies
01-31-2013 08:32 AM

Got a question from a client, and I can't find a way to make it work. An ex-coworker said something to me about it, but I haven't figured out how to use it.

Let's say you create a floor plan, and you use the Layer State manager to separate the framing plan, finish plan, reflected ceiling plan, etc. Now, when you go to create a sheet, you xref this plan into model space with all of the layers thawed/on, go to your titleblock in paper space and make a viewport.

Currently, if I click into a viewport and use the Layer State manager to show just the information of the RCP, it will freeze all of the layers I don't need, but it will freeze those layers in model space, instead of just within the viewport. It gets very time consuming doing it the way I always understood to do it; making sure all layers are thawed/on in model space, and then going into each viewport and manually VP-freezing each layer I don't need.

So can Layer States be set up to work within viewports, to only have those layers VP-frozen?

Never mind, I figured it out. Stupid me making threads before trying out all the options first.

Valued Contributor
bluefox
Message 2 of 2 (454 Views)

Re: Can you use the Layer State manager within viewports?

01-31-2013 08:55 AM in reply to: bluefox

Never mind, I figured it out. Stupid me making threads before trying out all the options first.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!