AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
thewrz
Message 1 of 6 (1,028 Views)

CAD Standards Checker --- Annotative Dimstyle

1028 Views, 5 Replies
05-19-2011 09:49 AM

I am having problems getting the CAD Standards Checker - Dimstyle plug-in to correctly recognize Annotative dimstyles.

I should point out that this error occurs in both AutoCAD 2011, and AutoCAD 2012 (which these screen shots are from)

My DWS file is correctly configured to have the dimstyle set to be annotative:

Then, I save this file to be a DWT file for our company's standard drawing template.

However, when I configure standards and add the DWS file to the DWT file ...even though the files are identical... I run the standards checker and get this!

Is there something I'm doing wrong? Or is the CAD Standards Checker not properly recongizing the Annotative Dimension Style?

System specs:

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T @ 3.51GHz
  • Mem: 16GB DDR3
  • HD: 64GB SSD
Thanks!

Message 2 of 6 (975 Views)

Re: CAD Standards Checker --- Annotative Dimstyle

06-23-2011 10:00 AM in reply to: thewrz

It's been about a month. So I figured I'd bump this.

Is anyone experiencing this behavior? It seems that annotative styles don't carry over or are recognized by the Standards Checker.

Thanks,

Adam

Message 3 of 6 (956 Views)

06-29-2011 01:26 PM in reply to: thewrz

I am having a similar problem.  I have two DIMSTYLES.  Both are Annotative in the DWS file.  CAD Standards Checker report one incorrect and the other OK.   I suspect that there may be some corruption in a TEXT or DIM style.

Distinguished Contributor
thewrz
Message 4 of 6 (949 Views)

06-29-2011 01:45 PM in reply to: brian.k.smith

I concur. Something else must be incorrect.

I created a brand new file from an Autodesk template that comes standard with the AutoCAD 2011 installation.

I created an annotative dimstyle, and created a drawing template and a drawing standards file.

I applied the drawing standards file to the template, and then used the template to create a new drawing.

Guess what? Standard Checker found NO VIOLATIONS!

I think my company standard template was corrupt or misconfigured from the get-go.

Thanks for the inspiration Brian.

Message 5 of 6 (593 Views)

09-26-2012 02:43 PM in reply to: thewrz

Is there a fix for this? I am having this exact problem with AutoCAD 2013 (64 bit installation). We have the Mechanical product suite installed.

JitskeDeVries7309
Message 6 of 6 (470 Views)

01-23-2013 07:45 AM in reply to: jeverettmitchell

I have the exact same problem (AutoCad 2012) It must be a bug because the dimstyles are identical.

The bug is even more obvious when I let the file check itself against ITSELF (so the standard drawing is fysically the same drawing). Even the I get the notification that there is a difference (the annotativeness). But this cant be tru: a difference between 1 and the same file!

Who has the sollution?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!