Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

block within block

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sequeirs
1208 Views, 2 Replies

block within block

I have a block (room info) that has five line os text with attributes that display grips which allow them to be moved in whatever drawing I put them in. Within that block there is a little polyline that is the square with a dash through it to represent sq. ft. that I made into a seperate block ( sq ft tick). The room info block part of it works great in all my drawings, but the darn sq ft tick block within the room info block won't budge! I have tried giving it a seperate insertion point and giving that block its own attribute, but no luck.

Is there any way to have a block within a block that has the same ability to move around as the other elements?

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: sequeirs

@sequeirs wrote:

I have a block (room info) that has five line os text with attributes that display grips which allow them to be moved in whatever drawing I put them in. Within that block there is a little polyline that is the square with a dash through it to represent sq. ft. that I made into a seperate block ( sq ft tick). The room info block part of it works great in all my drawings, but the darn sq ft tick block within the room info block won't budge! I have tried giving it a seperate insertion point and giving that block its own attribute, but no luck.

Is there any way to have a block within a block that has the same ability to move around as the other elements?

If you made the block dynamic and used a MOVE parameter on the nested block, you could certainly move it like that, however I think you may be better finding a way to make your sq ft tick another attribute, or better yet include it one of the existing attributes (one of which is square feet, right?)

Message 3 of 3
sequeirs
in reply to: nestly2

adding points and a moveable parameter to the tick block once it was in the
room info block did the trick!! (for some reason it did not work if I
added the points and move parameter in the tick block, and then inserted
the block in the room info block)

Thank you so much for the help!!

--
*Silia Sequeira*
?Luck favors the prepared.? - Edna Mode
www.silia-sequeira.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost