Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Properties Table - IS HUGE!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
BMATT
280 Views, 1 Reply

Block Properties Table - IS HUGE!

Here I go again, trying to make the ultimate window block.  I am using constraints, which means I cannot use the "Lookup" parameter (it does not seem to let me add the constraints into it).  Which means I am stuck with the Block Properties Table...and you can only have 1 of them.

I have properly constrained the drawing, added a list stlye stretch to everything, even threw in some muntin patterns...my problem is that I have 6 standard window widths, each with 13 different heights.  If I were to add all this information to this singular Block Property Table that is 78 different options in 1 little pull down tab (approximately the height of my entire screen).  I am using a visibility parameter already to control my various muntin patterns within the glass area.  As we all know, you can only use one of these per block.

My obvious solution is to save the block into the 6 different widths and call off their heights and model numbers accordingly.  However, it would be super duper if there was a way to simply say - hey I want to use a 24" window, let me just see the heights for that one.  Even if someone knew how to make a lookup parameter work with constraints, I could set 1 lookup for width and another for height and Bob would thusly be my uncle.

Normally I could just use the line/stretch type parameters to create this simple window - however, I am trying to incorporate the muntin patterns into it (which are timely to draw), these require equations for them to sit 1/3 the height, or 1/2 the width - therefore, constraints are required...and I find once you are using constraints the standard line/strech commands are out the window.

Any help?

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
morganism3
in reply to: BMATT

So . . . to simplify what you're looking for . . . is the biggest problem that you want less details to appear when you open the properties box, or that you want better dynamic options than the ones you have?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost