Did you mean: 

block attribute / attsync problem

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
iss
Participant
616 Views, 2 Replies

block attribute / attsync problem

Hi all, I have created multiple blocks with attributes and created a tool palette.

I have since updated the blocks to allow for background mask and have redefined the block. The problem is, that I have modified the colour of the text on numerous (approx 600) blocks. The colours vary according to the system they are on (Approx 20 colours).
When I perform an attsync, all the colours reset to the original state created in the source block.
Is there any method which I can update the blocks, minus the colour change?

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

(I have attached the drawing containing the blocks)

Sometimes, adequate is good enough
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
3wood
in reply to: iss

If you only add a wipeout as the background mask, you don't need attsync all block. The changes are shown in all blocks automatically. Not sure what kind of background mask you are using, and why you need attsync all blocks?

Message 3 of 3
iss
Participant
in reply to: 3wood

thanks 3wood, if I understand you; I only need one of the attributes to be shown at a time. Placing a wipeout in each position (within the block) is undesirable.

I have gone back to basics and am placing a wipeout where required for each individual location. I was just looking for a quicker method. (Its just unfortunate that I didnt place the background mask when I created the block and inserted hundreds of them - there would have been no issue then...

Anyway - thanks for the response.

Sometimes, adequate is good enough

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost