Did you mean: 

bizzare viewport

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
whitney_jeff
425 Views, 7 Replies

bizzare viewport

I have created polygonal viewports in several drawings.  Since we are multi-discipline, I would set up one drawing, create the polygonal viewport(s) and save as the other disciplines.

In order to display the column lines I created more than one polygonal viewport in several drawings.  So far so good - everything was "normal".

In one drawing (same drawing in each discipline) there was a "phantom" viewport (a polygonal viewport).  There were objects displayed in a viewport but there was no frame for the viewport.  No way to click on it, but you could activate MSPACE within it.  It was showing a lot of background that did not need to be there and I wanted to get rid of it - but since there was no frame, I could not click on it and erase it.

So I moved everthing away from the offending "viewport", commanded "erase" "all" "remove" and removed all the good stuff from the selection set.  When I finished the erase command, the phantom viewport was gone.  I did "OOPS" and listed previous - which told me it was a viewport and that it was on our viewport layer.  But still no viewport frame.

The question is, has anyone else experienced this, or does anyone know what caused it?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: whitney_jeff

It happened with other users too. Some said because viewport was in Defpoints layer.

There is an autolisp out there that forces the viewport to show.

Message 3 of 8
doni49

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?130259-viewport-frame-invisible-and-unselectable

http://www.bing.com/search?q=acad+viewport+hidden+frame&FORM=IE8SRC

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 8
Moshe-A

Jeff,

When Viewport is on OFF Layer? the boundary does not show and you can not see/pick it (obvious)

when you use the All option for the select objects it select all object even on off layers

does this makes sense?

Moshe

Message 5 of 8
whitney_jeff
in reply to: Moshe-A

Moshe, yes - that makes sense.

I had heard about problems with viewport on defpoints, so I created a VPORT layer and set it to non-plotting and leave it on all the time and layer unlocked

I will see if I can find the lisp that was mentioned, although since I did the erase all trick it is moot (for now).

Thanks all!

Message 6 of 8
whitney_jeff

I think what may have happened is the polyline generated with the polygonal viewport was erased, leaving a viewport with no frame.

Thanks again!

Message 7 of 8
doni49

@whitney_jeff wrote:

Moshe, yes - that makes sense.

I had heard about problems with viewport on defpoints, so I created a VPORT layer and set it to non-plotting and leave it on all the time and layer unlocked

I will see if I can find the lisp that was mentioned, although since I did the erase all trick it is moot (for now).

Thanks all!

It's in the AUGI thread that I provided for you above.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 8
whitney_jeff
in reply to: doni49

What is shown in that thread is VBA
After some digging in the second link I found this:
(defun c:showvps (/ ss obj)
(vl-load-com)
(setq ss (ssget "X" '((0 . "VIEWPORT")(60 . 1))))
(if ss
(progn
(repeat (setq cnt (sslength ss))
(setq obj (vlax-ename->vla-object (ssname ss (setq cnt (1- cnt)))))
(vla-put-Visible obj acTrue)
)
)
(princ "\nNo Invisible Viewports")
)
(princ)
)

Is that what you were referring to?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost