Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autosave & Multileader text in 2013 & 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
stanovb
285 Views, 3 Replies

Autosave & Multileader text in 2013 & 2014

I have recently converted mtext to multileader text & i thought it was causing some issues but now im not so sure. Some of my users are experiencing a long time to regen & it has caused some peoples computers to freeze up. Has anyone heard of this issue? Is there a setting or a variable that could be causing this? I am not sure if this is an issue with the multileaders or with autocad release 13 or 14 in general. I had the users turn regenauto off until i can find a solution.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: stanovb

Those two items are unrelated: slow regens have dozens of causes, but let's start the the beginning. What recently changed for all of you? systems or networks or windows updates?
Message 3 of 4
stanovb
in reply to: pendean

we have in the past used mtext & our own custom leaders. I have recently introduced everyone to multileaders. now I have a couple of people telling me that when the autosave runs it takes a really long time & one person said it crashed autocad. we have not made any changes as far as network goes but since i updated some stuff to the multileaders it seems to take longer to do an autosave. i told my users to set regenauto to off & they said it helped but i would like to find the best solution. ive also heard if you uncheck to box so that it dows not create a backup file as in *.bak it would help & also to clean out the temp directory.

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: stanovb

You never EVER want to turn off BAK file creation: that is a big mistake.

Again though, nothing you've implemented would slow saves down since it is all common use for most users: try to dig deeper or post a DWG file for everyone to confirm it's not a file issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost