Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic multiple layer DWG export to PDF multiple page file without user input

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Romualds
2018 Views, 4 Replies

Automatic multiple layer DWG export to PDF multiple page file without user input

Hi Everyone,

I have following task, convert DWG with multiple layers to multiple sheet PDF file (after DWG file is created/saved in specified location). Did anyone knows what should be done to do full process without user input? I mean without using PLOT/EXPORTPDF/PUBLISH commands in AutoCad or using any converters, everything should happen automatically when DWG file is created/saved in specified location on server.

Thank you in advance.

Cheers!

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Romualds

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com! 

Not sure to understand your wish, but start command _OPTIONS, activate tab "Plot and Publish", check "Automatic Publish", and verify the "Automatic Publish Settings" ... is that what you are looking for?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
Romualds
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

This would work as a temporary solution. I'm trying to create some kind of script, which would convert dwg with specific name, for example XXXXX.DWG where X is numbers to the PDF. Basically engineering team stores all DWG drawings on the server, project drawings have specific five digit number, but all other supplementary drawings have they own name. My intent is to convert only project drawing file.

Roman

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Romualds

Other than buying a third party application that does that for you (I don;t know of any), you in AutoCAD are stuck with just using AutoCAD to create PDFs.

What else were you hoping for exactly? Is that really your job or are you trying to find a corporate wide solution for teams at your company?
Message 5 of 5
Romualds
in reply to: pendean

It dosn't really matter if it is third party application, most important is to make it work.

Thats rigth, I'm trying to find solution to save time for engeneering team. I saw that type of setup before, so I know there is solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost