AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Mentor
Bill.Schmid
Message 1 of 3 (1,710 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD Won't Find CTB File for *SOME* drawings

1710 Views, 2 Replies
08-11-2011 06:49 AM

I had 5 drawing files, all in the same directory.  They all have the same plot style set calling the same ctb file.

I opened all 5 drawings at the same time and only one of them doesn't tell me the ctb file is missing.  Hit the drop down on the one that could find it and there they all are.  The other four drawings list nothing.

I wound up having to copy everything out of each of the four drawings into new drawing files and re-save them.

How else are you supposed to fix this in the drawings?  It's not some path thing in AutoCAD because every other drawing can find everything just fine.  It's just those 4 drawings.

Those four drawings were STB based drawing files, you may not have any STB files so when you used the drop down nothing was found.  When you inserted the drawings into another file (which was CTB based) it converted them to CTB.

Next time try the CONVERTCTB and CONVERTPSTYLES commands.

*Expert Elite*
GrantsPirate
Message 2 of 3 (1,703 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Won't Find CTB File for *SOME* drawings

08-11-2011 07:39 AM in reply to: Bill.Schmid

Those four drawings were STB based drawing files, you may not have any STB files so when you used the drop down nothing was found.  When you inserted the drawings into another file (which was CTB based) it converted them to CTB.

Next time try the CONVERTCTB and CONVERTPSTYLES commands.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.
Mentor
Bill.Schmid
Message 3 of 3 (1,700 Views)

Re: AutoCAD Won't Find CTB File for *SOME* drawings

08-11-2011 08:00 AM in reply to: GrantsPirate

I was skeptical, but sure enough, that was it.  I opened the original version of this drawing as we received it from our supplier and it was set up to use a STB.  Typed CONVERTPSTYLES, clicked OK and it fixed it.

It looks like going from CTB to STB you have to use CONVERTCTB first.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.