Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Table Query

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
269 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD Table Query

Hi All, 

I created a template for backing sheet for general purpose of creating P&ID.In it, I need to add some tables that differ for project to project.

Since the filling up of table values is comparativley easy in Excel, I linked the table to a standard Excel sheet in a particular location and linked it using 'Datalink' command.

I created the link and saved the file with the tables linked to the excel sheet, as a template file for backing sheet.

Now my issues are : 

(i) When ever my projects differ, and I need to use the same template for the Backing sheet for a second project, the values entered by the user go and sit in the first project's drawing.

(ii)Also, when I am trying to use the Excel sheet linked template in another PC, the datalink for the tables doesnt work as it is freezed with the previous PC where I had created it earlier.

These issues associated with the Datalink error does not allow me to use the datalink option for the tables as a template file , so that the user could use it as the bakcing sheet and use it multiple number of times in many projects.

I hope I could make my point clear.

Please help me out of this ..

Thanks.. a lot

Ashny Patrick

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dmfrazier
in reply to: Anonymous

When creating the datalink, it would probably be preferable (necessary?) to select the "Relative" or "No path" option for the path to the Excel file.

Then I would think the first thing you'd want to do after creating a new DWG from the template is to make a copy of the linked Excel file (or just copy the sheet tab in the original file) and then adjust the datalink to look at the new file (or the new tab).

Did you happen to see this post?  (Maybe there's a clue there.)

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2013-2014-2015/DataLink-Manager-Editor-Extremely-Slow/m-p/3786...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost