7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
504 Views, 7 Replies

AutoCAD slow aftrer working with Photoshop

Hello autoCAD community,

I am working with AutoCAD 2010 LT.

I recently made something in Photoshop and printed to PDF. (First time i ever used photoshop on this computer) and ever since then, some of the commands in AutoCAD has been really slow and choppy. Mainly the polyline command. If im not using any commands, the cursor moves just fine but when i start the polyline command, it slows down painfully slow.

I called Corporate Technologies twice to see if it had anything to do with my computer and they told me that everything seemed fine.

If anyone has a solution to this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Restart Windows and see if that solves the problem.

PS: both of your posts are in the wrong forums 🙂
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Sorry, new to the forums so i dont know where this post should really go.

I tried rebooting the computer and scanning for viruses, but neither worked. I relogged in as a different user who hasnt used AutoCAD to get the standard  settings but it had the same laggy problems, so i dont think its any of my custom settings either.

One thing i did notice that was out of the ordinary is a ribbon that appears now. It has the minimize, restore down, and exit buttons but it doesnt function when i click on them. It comes and goes at random times and it only appears for a couple of seconds.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Edit: It's not the AutoCAD file because i opened up a brand new file with nothing on there and the problem still occurs. It seems like it's only with the polyline, line, and arc commands
Message 5 of 8
pendean

It appears that more things may have changed than just using photoshop since a Windows restart would have cleared it up.

By chance did you install the latest Photoshop updates recently? I have a user that did and reported slowdown issues across all apps in Windows7. Removed Photoshop and reinstalled it from the original media and problem went away.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Hmm.. I dont think i downloaded any updates to photoshop since i dont have administrative rights on this computer. All i know is i worked on photoshop and printed to PDF, and the problem occured right after when i started working on AutoCAD. I will try reinstalling Photoshop later on when my technitian is free, to see if that would solve it.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

FYI: Photoshop and AutoCAD/LT have coexisted on the same PCs for us for years. Ask your technician to dig a little deeper to identify why suddenly your system is running slow with AutoCAD.

Share these articles with them:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Cursor-...
http://community.spiceworks.com/how_to/show/16298-autocad-mouse-lagging-stuttering-delay-and-video-a...
http://autocadtipoftheday.com/tips/how-to-fix-lagging-mouse-movement-in-autocad
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Haven't been able to reinstall photoshop yet since my technician hasn't had the time yesterday and he's not here today.

I've already tried the disable desktop composition and it didnt do much for me. The thing that did work was turning off the dynamic properties. All the other things, like quick property or any of the snapping or tracking options didn't do much. But right when i disabled the dynamic properties everything went back to being smooth.

Thank you Pendean for your efforts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost