AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

jonnypetrie
Message 1 of 2 (108 Views)

AutoCAD shtting down

108 Views, 1 Replies
12-05-2012 06:20 AM

I'm not sure if this is an AutoCAD issue or Windows 7 issue. I'm using Windows 7 and my CAD is accessed via a 'Cloud' setup. In addition to this I regularly work on files that are stored on different servers, I'm connected to these with a 10Mb/s internet line, so this makes this a bit slow sometimes.

That's some background, now here's the problem. When I am loading a file, If I happen to click on the screen whilst it is loading AutoCAD shuts down, no backup no nothing. Because of the way I have to work sometimes drawings can take a while to open so it can get quite nerve racking as I try not to click on the autoCAD window whilst trying to do other work!

I've tried other programs that are accessed via the cloud and they are not shutting down when I do the same thing.

Can anyone shed some light on this???

E_Methews
Message 2 of 2 (88 Views)

Re: AutoCAD shtting down

12-05-2012 09:45 PM in reply to: jonnypetrie

Shut down any other programs running on the computer before starting SketchUp. Programs running in the background, such as Internet Explorer, compete for the computer's CPU power and memory resources. Older computers with limited RAM and a slower CPU will have problems running multiple programs at the same time because of the computer's limited resources. All the best!:smileyhappy:

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.