Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad on surface pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Jude27
18724 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad on surface pro

Hi everyone. Just wondering if anybody uses autocad on their surface pro? Is it reasonable at everything? Does it seem slower than it should be? And would it be better to choose a laptop for the same price over the surface? Thanks guys,
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TerryDotson
in reply to: Jude27

One consideration is that the Surface Pro is Windows 8 and only AutoCAD 2014 is certified to be compatible.  Running any previous version may present problems (display, fonts, open file dialog, etc)..

I run 2014 on a Surface Pro 128 and it works well.  If you don't plan on detaching the keyboard and using the Surface like a tablet, you are just as well off with a laptop (running Windows 7) for your situation.

Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Jude27

There are quite a few blogs on the topic of touchscreens and AutoCAD if that's what you are really going after explore it here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/The-Break-Room-Non-Technical/Touch-Screen-Interface/m-p/3927749/highli...
Message 4 of 4
drspringer
in reply to: TerryDotson

Terry,

How did you get it to run on the Surface. I just installed it on a Surface pro 3 and when I try to run it I get "This application was unable to start correctly"

I'm considering purchasing a Surface but only if I can get it to run Inventor for on the road stuff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost