Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad memory crash with only one document

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tesauroa1
413 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad memory crash with only one document

Hi all, having a problem only with saving one document on my machine. Running autocad 2010, and the document is almost an exact copy of another document that opens, runs and saves fine, but on this one every time I try to save it gets to 70% and crashes with the "Fatal Error - out of memory" message. I've done a system restore, error audit, tried saving back to an older version, unloaded xrefs, nothing seems to work. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: tesauroa1

No Purge yet?

DXFOUT to 2004 version, then DXFIN; after that Purge, that will get rid of unwanted items.

Message 3 of 6
tesauroa1
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks for the quick reply. Tried this. Still won't open. It opens no problem on every other machine in the office, I just used a coworkers and got what I needed done. I don't seem to run into the issue with any other drawing. It's an old computer, maybe that has something to do with it.

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Patchy

Hi,

what happens if you turn off the sysvar SAVEFIDELITY?

- alfred -

[EDIT] sorry, clicked onto the wrong message for answering [/EDIT]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
braudpat

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Just a few "stupid" questions ?

Which size in DWG format of your file ?

Which size in DXF format of your file ?

You are using which ACAD exactly ? 32 bits or 64 bits version ?

How many Ram in Gb on your PC ?

Thks in advance for the Infos ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
tesauroa1

Hey guys - thanks for the replies and sorry for the delay. I tried the methods presented, it doesn't work. The drawing itself is huge and has about 10 xrefs attached to it (I couldn't disable any of them because I was trying to print an as-built for my project manager), and I'm guessing that's the reason; I enabled the 3gb switch, increased virtual memory, all that good stuff too, just didn't get anything out of it. The computer is ancient, I'll be getting a new one soon enough and hopefully I won't run into the problem once that happens.

Thanks again

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost