Did you mean: 

Autocad Lt

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
grawhib
888 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad Lt

Before I retired I used Autocad Lt everyday in my work doing warehouse layouts partitioning etc and many other,as I paid for myself to get the City & Guilds qualification in 2D & 3D I would like to continue using it to keep my hand in and to amuse myself, however to get the program I would need to remortgage my house, does anybody know of a cheaper way of obtaining the software.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Charles_Shade
in reply to: grawhib

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Finding it on sale at Amazon will probably be your best bet.

LT Forum is linked in my signature.

Message 3 of 11
Bob_Zurunkle

BTW OP LT won't give you full 3D capability. Have you considered Revit LT Suite?

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 11
jggerth1
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

If you just want to maintain basic 2d drafting, the Draftsight program is a free-tpo-use-for-any-purpose option.  For more capabilites, without the LT price tag, you could look at BricsCAD, Ares Commander from Graebert, or one of the Intellicad variants.

Message 5 of 11
grawhib
in reply to: jggerth1

thanks for the info I know it's a long time since I posted the original but I gave up trying but now I have a legitimate copy of 2009 LT which came from the company I worked for prior to upgrading to 2010 LT is there anyway I can activate this copy, I have a serial number and it would still be for me to just keep my hand in and not for commercial purposes.
Message 6 of 11
Patchy

I doubt that you can activate the 2009 again because it was upgraded to 2010.

Message 7 of 11
justshutup

@grawhib wrote:
thanks for the info I know it's a long time since I posted the original but I gave up trying but now I have a legitimate copy of 2009 LT which came from the company I worked for prior to upgrading to 2010 LT is there anyway I can activate this copy, I have a serial number and it would still be for me to just keep my hand in and not for commercial purposes.

No.  Both you and your previous company would be out of compliance license-wise if they upgraded.  

Message 8 of 11
jggerth1
in reply to: justshutup

Not to mention that Adesk software licenses are non-transferrable (unless you happen to be in the EU)

If the goal is to keep your design and drafting skiils up, download either the Free to use Draftsight or the NanoCAD programs.  Or spend a little more than nothing and look at BricsCAD, Ares, Intellicad, DoubleCAD, etc.  

Or take a class in anything at a community college and qualify for a three year student license of Acad -- current tech and good for learning/keeping skills up.

Lots of legal choices that work.  Trying to get a non-legal option functioning makes little sense.

Message 9 of 11
grawhib
in reply to: jggerth1

having downloaded BricsCAD my initial thoughts are that the front end looks similar to Autocad but will my knowledge of the commands in AC be of any use ?

Message 10 of 11
pendean

It helps a lot but they are different programs altogether even though they all share some good level of commonality.
Message 11 of 11
grawhib

1. I am quite encouraged so far, having downloaded the PDF book, I am a bit rusty as I have not used Autocad for about 3 years now but brushing up will keep me out of mischief, thanks for suggesting this alternative

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost