Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT 2012 menu transfer

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
_idesign
275 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD LT 2012 menu transfer

Hello,

I was wondering if I am able to transfer a menu from one computer to another? If so, how will I go about doing so?

My boss has a structural pull down menu and wants me to have it as well. I am not finding anything that can make it easy, besides creating it myself. I just don't know how the previous employee did it. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: _idesign

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> transfer a menu from one computer to another?

Menufiles are CUIX-files, if you start command _CUI in AutoCAD you can look what menu(s) are loaded and you can transfer that and load them on another computer (with the same type/version of AutoCAD).

BUT (important!):

>> My boss has a structural pull down menu and wants me to have it as well

That is also AutoCAD-LT? My guess is no, it is something else, but not LT and then moving the menu is not enough as this menu will call functions/commands that are not available in LT. So first verify what type of AutoCAD (or vertical product) your boss has!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
_idesign
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the response.

Yes My boss does have the same version. When I type in CUI and look under menus, I do not find the tabs but yet they show on the menu bar. I am a little confused on how the previous drafter did this.

I did read that if the blocks are already available, which they are, that it is easier to do a tool palette.

Thanks again for your quick response! 🙂
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: _idesign

Hi,

if there are no additional menus (partial menus) loaded then transfer the main cuix (I guess the name is ACADLT.CUIX, but that's not sure as I don't have an LT version).

And very important ... before you overwrite your menufile make a backup first!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost