AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 11 of 16 (386 Views)

Re: AutoCAD LT 2012 Crashes when I keyboard input.

02-15-2013 05:57 AM in reply to: jmardesign

Try testing LT2012 in Windows diagnostic more to try and pinpoint any conflict:
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=6453117&linkID=9240617
If there are no crashes while in this mode, your issue is a system related problem.

If it continues to crash, Autodesk recommended uninstall/reinstall procedures are as follows
Uninstall: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS45252
Reinstall (for XP/Vista users): http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS75218

Ensure the user installing/uninstalling and using the product have enough rights to do so (install and reinstall as local administrator):
Unable to run AutoCAD® as a restricted user http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/id=TS1055299

More complete .NET fix if you did not go through this procedure earlier:
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/NET-Framework-Cleanup-Tool-for-Unhandled-Except...

Then ensure LT2012 is fully patched and updated.

Do us all a favor and do not skip the first step at the top of this reply or report it's findings.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
myawakie
Message 12 of 16 (379 Views)

02-15-2013 04:12 PM in reply to: pendean

The two services I selected listed in the Service tab in the System Configuration was "Autodesk Content Service" and "FLEXnet Licensing Service 64".  There was no Autodesk Licensing Service. 

Running AutoCAD in the diagnostic mode stopped the application from crashing.

Based on your response, this isolates the problem to a system related problem.

Thank you very much for your assistance!

Contributor
richlars
Message 13 of 16 (300 Views)

03-11-2013 07:14 PM in reply to: pendean

Many thanks Pendean. Unistalled per instructions, re-installed in diagnostic mode per istructions and it worked.  Restarted with normal startup and was pleased to see it still working.  Could AV programs maybe cause this?

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 14 of 16 (294 Views)

03-12-2013 05:41 AM in reply to: richlars

It may have been so.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Contributor
richlars
Message 15 of 16 (228 Views)

03-25-2013 01:58 PM in reply to: pendean

Well, Pendean, I screwed up again.   Although my AutoCad was working perfectly, I kept getting random system errors and anoying little quirks popping up.  Thinking I had discovered how to get AutoCADrunning well, I ddecide to do a system re-install.  THis time the system is running flawlessly, BUt AutoCAD refuses to work.  I have installed AutCAD Mechanical 2011  along with two updates and Raster Design 2011.  They load perfectly with no errors and seem to be stable.

THe keyboard crash is inconsistent.  As long as I can stick to the ribbon I am fine.  If I can use my right mouse key for enter I am fine.  But as soon as I have to enter someting from the keyboard, down it goes.
I used Diagnostic mode with only Windows installer running to install, and it runs in diagnotic mode for a while, but eventually crashes with the same symtems.

I am running all the same softwae as I had on my old machine, so it mush be some of the new hardward or drivers causing the problem.

Since this is a new build and is not fully loaded yet I was thinking of a total reboot Re-installing Windows 7 HP, activating the Pro Upgrade and een before loading hardware drives, installing AutoCAD the very first thing.  But do I allow Windows to do all of its endless updates first or try the AutoCAD before the updates?

Oh, one final thing about the keyboard,  It only crashes on legitimate expected entries.  Meaning I can type in a bunch of jibberish, hit enter and nothing happens.  If a command is expecting a numeric entry, I can enter an invalid alpha entry and nothing happens.

Any help or suggestions you can off would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rich

Contributor
richlars
Message 16 of 16 (220 Views)

03-25-2013 03:54 PM in reply to: pendean

Maybe I discovered a new clue to the problem.  The keyboard entry crash only happend with in the DRAW or MODIFY commands.  I did all kinds of tests in the other categories with no crash.  But as soon as I amde a keyboard endry while either in a Draw or Modify Command it crashed.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.