autocad is creating new layers by itself

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
draftorb
1032 Views, 2 Replies

autocad is creating new layers by itself

This is what is happening,

for example, i have a layer for dimenisioning called, 'DIM.' I'm not sure when it happens but AutoCad creates new layers that are called: DIM @ 12, DIM @16, DIM @ 18, DIM @ 128....It does this for different layers as well. I'm just curious has anyone run into this before? There must be some significance of Autocad adding a @ # at the end of the layers name. 

It then changes certain blocks from the regular layer, to these new ones. It doesn't affect any block consistently. So one block 'A' is changed to the new layers, but the other block 'A' is not changed.

The only thing I did differently for this drawing set was used dxfout/dxfin to purge dgn files out of my drawing, any possiible connection there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
nestly2
in reply to: draftorb

I believe you are seeing the affect of saving Annotative objects to a drawing format that does not support Annotative Scaling.  It's OK to use the older drawing format, but unless you're opening the drawings in older version, simply turn off SAVEFIDELITY  (Tools > Options > Open and Save > Maintain Visual Fidelity.

SAVEFIDELITY

Message 3 of 3
draftorb
in reply to: nestly2

it appears this has worked. Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost