Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Freezes while starting

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jrintisch
493 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Freezes while starting

AutoCAD has been freezing randomly when I start it.  It will get to the screen below (top image) and.... that's it.  It stays that way and does not change.  I have waited up to 15 mintues before restarting my computer as trying to start AutoCAD again doesn't seem to change anything.

I have learned that the Devices and Printers window will also be blank when this occures (bottom image).  I can now predict when AutoCAD won't open by opening the Devices and Printers window first.  I think the issue is unrelated to AutoCAD, rather the issue is my computer not refreshing the Devices and Printers.  When CAD is loading the list of available printers it can't find any so it continues to look and.... never gives up....  I can't even print a PDF from Adobe Reader while the Devices and Printers window is in this state (this is actually how I found that the Devices and Printers window was blank).  I have not tested to see if ALL applications fail to print, but that is a separate issue.

Does anyone know what is causing my computer not to open the Devices and Printers window successfully?

I am running AutoCAD 2011 64 bit, windows 7, Novell Network.

Regards,

Jeremy

AutoCAD

Devices and Printers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: jrintisch

Why not repair your autocad and go from there, it's painless.

Message 3 of 4
jrintisch
in reply to: Patchy

I did further testing when the issue occured again.  ALL applications failed to open the print menu when the Devices and Printers window was blank.  AutoCAD simply freezes when accessing the printers when loading AutoCAD.  This is not an AutoCAD issue.  I have been getting by this issue by restarting my computer until the printers actually load (sometimes takes several restarts).

Any suggestions as to what may be causing my computer to not load the printers the first time?

Message 4 of 4
dmfrazier
in reply to: jrintisch

It seems to me that this is something you should discuss with your network admin.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost