AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

natanworking
Message 1 of 3 (479 Views)

AutoCAD Freeze when displaying a Browse Dialog Box

479 Views, 2 Replies
09-23-2011 03:21 PM

Hi there!!

I have some issues with AutoCAD 2010, Service pack 2 @ 64 bits, Working on Windows 7 SP1 @64 bits...

1. Open AutoCAD without any trouble

2. Press OPEN or NEW or any command that shows a File Dialog Box.

3. AutoCAD freeze. I must close it from Windows Task Administrator.

Obviously it is NOT the FILEDIA or something like that. Another thing... if I open a file directly from the Windows Explorer, it opens without any trouble. But if I try to insert (by example) a block using INSERT command and select Browse (It must open an File Dialog Box) AutoCAD freeze too.

Thanks for the support.

--
Natán Villarreal
http://cadworking.blogspot.mx/
*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (464 Views)

Betreff: AutoCAD Freeze when displaying a Browse Dialog Box

09-24-2011 01:31 AM in reply to: natanworking

Hi,

try to set FILEDIA to 0, can you then open files by typing the filename into the command-area?

Well I know, that's not called "solution", but should be tried to isolate the problem.

And if your admin is near you, he can give you administrator-rights for a few minutes, try it as admin.

Also you can try to login to your computer with another user-account, does it happen also with this user?

And if nothing helps I would do an installation-repair.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
natanworking
Message 3 of 3 (456 Views)

Betreff: AutoCAD Freeze when displaying a Browse Dialog Box

09-24-2011 10:07 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred, but I've tried (and find) a solution by a different way...

Actually FILEDIA let me open and save by Command Line, but as you comment, it's not a solution.

I am the administrator, but tried with another user, getting the same results.

Fortunately I could find an adequate solution without reinstalling the software. I could find that there were conflicts with Norton 360 Ver 5. When I uninstall Norton 360, everything works well. In fact, there is documentation about troubles between Norton 360 and AutoCAD, even there is a hotfix, but it only works for Norton 360 Ver 3.

Looks like the trouble has been solved. I hope this experience could help someone else.

Greetings!!

--
Natán Villarreal
http://cadworking.blogspot.mx/
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.