Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD CRASHES WHEN EXITING A DRAWING

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
ROBERTK184
313 Views, 6 Replies

AUTOCAD CRASHES WHEN EXITING A DRAWING

Running 2011, AUTOCAD will sometimes crash when I exit a drawing, and this is totally arbitrary. I have forwarded the details to AUTODESK many times without getting any answer. It usually happens if I have more than 1 drawing open, not often, but at least once a week. All drawings then close and I lose whatever work I had done. This last time, recovery didn't bring back the last 15 minutes of work I had done.

Any ideas since AUTODESK has not provided a solution?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Patchy
in reply to: ROBERTK184

Intall all the service packs for your autocad, if it still crash, go to Control Panel and do REPAIR.

Message 3 of 7
pendean

Autodesk doesn't send out a "there is no fix" replies, the fix is either instantly presented or it goes into their database for further investigation.
They don't send out a "we don't know" message: nobody does that.
Message 4 of 7
ROBERTK184

I know they don't, but this has happened to me more than 2 dozen times and I've gotten tired of sending the same report for the same reason. I have yet to get any repair from AUTODESK. I never said that I received an "I don't know" reply.

Message 5 of 7
Patchy

You will not get a repair from Autodesk.

Go to Control Panel, get to your 2011 autocad and click Uninstall, it will come up with options for uninstall, repair or reinstall.

Message 6 of 7
drjohn
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Autodesk doesn't send out a "there is no fix" replies, the fix is either instantly presented or it goes into their database for further investigation.
They don't send out a "we don't know" message: nobody does that.

Actually, I have gotten a few (paraphrased) "there is no fix at this time but we will contact you.... " emails back from ADESK from a CER. Granted they are prolly automated but still ...  Smiley Happy

Regards and Merry Chris  Happy Holidays to all,

DJ

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: drjohn

Not the OP's experience over a dozen CERs, and I've never seen it either.
Perhaps ours are too embarrassing to admit they can't fix 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost