Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Architecture 2011 freezes while working in normal session

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Libaax5
250 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD Architecture 2011 freezes while working in normal session

Dear Friends

I use Architecture 2011 and in 2  occasions I have my laptop frozen and nothing moves or works even ‘control Alt delete’ doesn’t work. It happened in both 2D and 3D sessions.

Background info

I installed the 2 updates available, update-1 and update 2

I do have latest driver for NVIDIA installed

The laptop is Asus ROG G750JM one of the latest laptops in the market, ‘ROG = Republic of Gamers’ I use for architecture not games.

I did not got any error window or notes to share with you, laptop freezes and no functio works

Only remedy to make laptop work again is shut down and restart

I do have second laptop Toshiba Qosmio 18.4” screen, which works brilliantly no freezing, no problems for last 2 years. Also top laptop with Intel i7 processor, I checked many settings and suggestion on the net to see if one laptop has different setting, but both laptops has similar settings.

My problem is not at the start as noted in many other postings but laptop freezes at middle of normal session 1hour or 1.5 hour into the normal working. So problem not at the start.

The OS is Wiindow-7 Ultimate 64bit, with Service Pack-1

I wonder if anyone faced similar issues and found a solution.

Thanks Alex

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Libaax5

I have the same problem with AC 2011 on a brand new high powered Antec desktop. My freezes tend to happen when I try to use the Layers pull-down menu on the command bar at the top of the screen. I now only use the layer pull-down on the properties box.

Do you notice any patterns like this with your freezes?
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> on a brand new high powered Antec desktop

What are the specs of that workstation, especially operating system and graphic card.

And is it exactly the same as the TO stated "to make laptop work again is shut down and restart" so you can't move the mouse, you can't start taskmanager by <ALT><CTRL><DEL>?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Libaax5

Does this layer pulldown happen to ALL drawings ALL the time? If only happened on two occasions, that's not enough of an occurrence to be anything more than a mystery gremlin at that moment.
Do you save often, manually? Or are you relying on Autosave or do you only save after 1-1.5 hours or longer of drafting?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost