AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

MSkorpi
Message 11 of 20 (3,471 Views)

Re: Autocad and Sharepoint integration

05-02-2011 12:50 AM in reply to: ap-alexander

Hello

the problem is the kind of saving of AutoCAD. Even if the two systemvariables are set as needed. The savecommand ignores sometime the settings and make a delete and new instaed an append.

For all other problems like Metadatas it is easy to find a solution.

ron.becker
Message 12 of 20 (3,002 Views)

11-16-2011 02:58 AM in reply to: ap-alexander

Hi,

Cadac Organice has a solution that can solve your problem.

For further details please check http://www.cadac.com/organice/en/products/organice-explorer/cad-integration/Pages/cad-integration-au...

Hopefully this helps

Kind regards

Ron becker

MSkorpi
Message 13 of 20 (2,997 Views)

11-16-2011 04:02 AM in reply to: ron.becker

Sorry

I know the "solution" of cadac. But this is no solution. It is a workarround, which works not very secure.

I have got a long answer from Microsoft. They told me it is no problem of sharepoint. It is the bug of autodesk. This confirms to keam Wamsley. Because the systemvariable which should contro wether the file is appended or rebuilt does not not in the correct way. sometimes the file is rebuilt even if the settings are done to do only an append.

kind regards

Dieter

bob.garrett
Message 14 of 20 (2,775 Views)

02-09-2012 08:13 AM in reply to: MSkorpi

Anyone using CAD in a sharepoint environment and wanting to manage emails - and other documents - more easily should have a look at Communico Docs.

MSkorpi
Message 15 of 20 (2,768 Views)

02-09-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: ap-alexander

Hello Andrew,

You can work with AutoCAD on the sharepoint. I have tested it. There is only one bug. If you want to have the change hiostory of the files. If You set all systemvariables as needed. AutoCAD should save in the correct way and keep the history. But sometimes after biger chnages. AutoCAD saves the file in a specila way killing the history in sharepoint.

We even succeeded to fill metadatas in the sharepoint documentlibrary with data auto of attribute values of a titleblock and fill the attribute with teh data changed in sharepoint.

You can conmtact me direct Dscholz@cads-support.de

26 years experience with autoCAD and more than 5 years struggle for integration autoCAD and sharepoint

kind regards

Dieter

jaclifford
Message 16 of 20 (2,419 Views)

05-30-2012 03:05 PM in reply to: powermixx

Can you give insight on Cadac Organice? I've been tasked with the same project and it would be nice to be able to talk to someone who has been through an implementation.

SwRnk12
Message 17 of 20 (1,856 Views)

12-10-2012 09:28 AM in reply to: ap-alexander

We are looking for a integration with AutoCAD and SharePoint as well.  Does anyone have success stories of integrating the two (we use Sheet Sets and Xrefs as well) or is the only solution using a 3rd-Party tool?  Thanks.

Distinguished Contributor
Metron4
Message 18 of 20 (1,736 Views)

01-04-2013 04:13 PM in reply to: MSkorpi

Been asking for this for a while. Autodesk, you adopted the Ribbon from Microsoft, why not some SharePoint features! At the very least, change the embedded DWFx plugin to not only allow opening a dwfx file in browser, but also SAVE CHANGES back to the file stored in the SharePoint folder, not as a separate file I have to reupload.

ApplicationSupportAnalyst
Message 19 of 20 (1,429 Views)

04-17-2013 08:16 AM in reply to: ap-alexander

Did you ever find resolution? We are in the process of moving our drawings (DWG, DGN, TIF and PDF) to SharePoint 2010. We did purchase Brava to allow non-CAD users to mark up the drawings and save online for the drafters (who are the AutoCAD users).

Issue(s) we are currently experiencing:

1)      My customer is using AutoCAD 2010 and we are on SP 2010.  She will open AutoCAD - navigate to SP Directory - open the dwg - modify as needed - attempts to Save - receives warning message "AutoCAD Message - Unable to save to drawing DRIVE:\FOLDER_NAME\FILE_NAME.DWG as it is being accessed by another session.  Drawing saved to DRIVE:\FOLDER_NAME\FILE_NAME.tmp

2)      Issue with xref file not loading with the dwg.

Thanks!

compugraph
Message 20 of 20 (1,024 Views)

10-20-2013 01:49 PM in reply to: ap-alexander

Are there any tips/suggestions you could provide based on your personal experience on the topic of SharePoint and AutoCAD integration? I read your post and I was wondering if you were willing to share some of your experiences in that regard after two years. I am venturing in this type of integration using SharePoint 2013 with Autodesk products 2013. I will appreciate any suggestion.

JCV

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!