AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 101 of 122 (1,121 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Wish List?

01-15-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: mrkaplan

Hi,

>> Windows would allow users to move them around and for instance arrange one (ore more)  on 2nd monitor with tool palettes

Using a layout and viewports ==> yes, you can also move the viewports on the layout. .... just as an option :smileywink:

And indeed better ==> you can overlap the viewports seeing through them to underlaying ones (what you can't do in Microstation)

>> Wouldnt it have been more simple to add new functionalities to those existing commands, rather than start from scratch ?

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Especially for drawing entities one of the very problematic points is to be compatible with previous versions. So if it's not possible to add new functionality without breaking old ways to work you have to creaete a new object or you may/will get troubles with old drawings, or to save back to an old DWG format or with millions of scripts and/or menu-macros that will not work then any more.

Of course I understand your wish, I don't want to discuss that away, but see at least the advantage of having now two options, the previous and the new one!

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Active Contributor
tgick
Message 102 of 122 (982 Views)

01-31-2012 02:34 PM in reply to: nrz13

An easy way to import multiple palettes or a group of palettes at a time.  A SHIFT+SELECT function in the palette browser menu would suffice.

Valued Contributor
mail
Message 103 of 122 (950 Views)

02-01-2012 10:42 AM in reply to: RAFUSE

We never use 3d features in Auto CAD.  How about a cheaper version that only does 2d. 

I feel like this makes my Auto CAD lag as well.

Contributor
phil
Message 104 of 122 (946 Views)

02-01-2012 10:47 AM in reply to: mail

Multiple visibility parameters in dynamic blocks!

Valued Contributor
mail
Message 105 of 122 (946 Views)

02-01-2012 10:47 AM in reply to: nrz13

When a dimension has not been edited, it has a gray shadow behind it when you select it.  I would love if all unedited dimensions had this shadow ALL of the time.  (And it should not print)  Thanks

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 106 of 122 (938 Views)

02-01-2012 11:42 AM in reply to: mail

Hi,

>> We never use 3d features in Auto CAD.  How about a cheaper version that only does 2d.

You know the cheaper version called >>>AutoCAD LT<<<? There are two major differences to the full version, that's very limited 3D and none-programmable, but it exists!

>> When a dimension has not been edited, it has a gray shadow behind it when you select it

I never saw a shadow from a dimension, are you speaking about AutoCAD? Or is it a vertical AutoCAD-based product that does it?

Just because of interest ... do you have a screenshot that shows this shadowed dimension object?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
*Expert Elite*
ToanDN
Message 107 of 122 (930 Views)

02-01-2012 11:47 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

alfred.neswadba wrote:

Hi,

I never saw a shadow from a dimension, are you speaking about AutoCAD? Or is it a vertical AutoCAD-based product that does it?

Just because of interest ... do you have a screenshot that shows this shadowed dimension object?

- alfred -

I think what he meant was when you ddedit a dimension, you see a background mask of the virgin dimension text, if it is overrriden then you see no mask.  So he wanted to see the mask always, even outside of the editing mode.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 108 of 122 (924 Views)

02-01-2012 11:53 AM in reply to: ToanDN

Hi,

>> when you ddedit a dimension, you see a background mask

Thank you a lot for clarification, if it's the mask he want to see in unselected mode (like fields-masking) then yes, that may be a good option (and yes, then I understand his meaning of "shadow") :smileywink:

Thanks again, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Contributor
mail
Message 109 of 122 (922 Views)

02-01-2012 11:56 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks for the reply.

1.  We use some of the features that are not available in LT, such as: data extraction into tables, lisp routines, express tools, Cad standards, action recorder.  We just never use 3D

2.  I have attached a Word Doc with a screenshot.  This was taken when I am in dimension edit.  It would be nice to see this all the time to tell which dimensions have been manually edited.

(ToanDN is correct)

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 110 of 122 (879 Views)

02-02-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

"Have multiple Visibility within Dynamic Blocks"... Umm... That's a few years old already.

My #1 item for 2013... Focus on having service pack 1 come out in 1 month after the release date quickly addressing the new 2013 errors. Autodesk managers will need to shift all their efforts to ensuring 2013 works properly in the month following.

Other suggestions: Anyone one on a subscription should be able to simply click a button and get updates, hotfixes, drivers, and so on the fly. No more painful uninstall and reinstalls, it is 2013 not R14.

Treat the initially 2013 as a beta version when it first comes out. Have a better avenue for all users to notify Autodesk of issues, and tackle these issues right away. Then at a point where the issues are resolved (6 months after release). Re-Release the true working copy of 2013 with NO ERRORS.

We need to change how we think, either that or have everyone go back to stand alone licenses and we'll upgrade every 2 years thus cutting Autodesk revenue in half.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.