AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Sed_UT
Message 71 of 122 (1,267 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 Wish List?

09-01-2011 03:00 AM in reply to: FProcp

And what about to have a new autocad 3d engine and a software that it's really a 64bit one instade this fake? Now it's so poor and it's not able to use the new powerful machines feautures at all!!!

I can say that now it's not a real 3d: it has a lot of feutures (growing and groqing) but it's very poor in power and it's really a pitty.

If you serch for this issue on the net you'll find thousand of people that speak on.

To start: check this (mine) --> http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-2011/3d-graphic-engine-on-Autocad-2011-gt-soo-too-heavy/td-p/2... 

Cheers

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 72 of 122 (1,256 Views)

09-01-2011 03:57 AM in reply to: nrz13
If you want "real" 3D, you need to move to INVENTOR or REVIT, or AutoCAD Verticals with smarter 3D objects. Plain AutoCAD will never do it, it is not priced as such.
Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
Sed_UT
Message 73 of 122 (1,252 Views)

09-01-2011 04:02 AM in reply to: pendean

I do not agree.

I pay a big amouth to have a complete Autocad 3d because I use software that use this 3d engine and I need it.

If it's not considered as a 3d that jave to work... so someone could explain why it cost 4 times than autocad LT?

Inventor or other programs are ok for specific jobs... and are not useful for a lot of kind of work (as for example the piping).

Autodesk have the Plant 3D that is a new program for this kind of job.. but again: it use the autocad core that it's old and poor (but again: EXPENSIVE!)

Cheers.

Distinguished Contributor
RFUSE
Message 74 of 122 (1,247 Views)

09-01-2011 04:27 AM in reply to: nrz13

Redo the Export Layout command to maintain X-ref integrity.  The X-ref's are used for a reason and exploding them is not acceptable.

R

FProcp
Message 75 of 122 (1,227 Views)

09-01-2011 06:45 AM in reply to: Sed_UT

I agree that 3D software that sits on AUTOCAD is just not good enough. I have used Plant3D and it still isn't good. You still basically have to work in wireframe and you just cannot do what other 3D packages do easily.

In Autodesk Inventor you can:

1. Work always in rendered mode.
  2. Cut a slice easily at any point and hide most of the model and see only what you want.
  3. Project views that look beautiful (like finished drawing) and update automatically.

Sadly in Inventor you have to set up parametric dimension driven sketches and it's not easy for laying out a quick drawing.

What are they going to do to bring AutoCAD up to Inventors level?

I absolutely love using inventor. It makes working in 3D a real pleasure. But it has one major disadvantage. Drawings/models need more thinking to how you set them up.

In AutoCAD you just pick up an object and move it to wherever you want. You don't have to plan how you are going to set out your parametric dimensions so you can edit it how you want. And anyone can work on a 3D drawing and they don't have to work out how it has been setup. This is why many companies, especially companies with lots of people working on drawings, prefer AutoCAD.

Hopefully this will change in the near future.

Franc
inventor :-)
FProcp
Message 76 of 122 (1,184 Views)

09-01-2011 07:44 PM in reply to: FProcp

In my city designing Mining Processing Plants is a BIG source of employment for drafting.

There are many large companies that have used packages that work on top of AutoCAD.

Packages such as AutoPlant, Cadworks, and ProSteel are packages that were very popular.

Many of those companies have moved over to SE, Tekla or other software and AutoCAD is being left in the dark.

They won't switch to Inventor because I don't think there exists a good Steel detailing package for things like structural bolted connections, etc for it. I know Autodesk has Plant3D but I think possibly it appeals only to die hard AutoCAD users wearing blinkers.

I hope Autodesk realises the importance of catching up in the 3D world with AutoCAD. This is extremely important, I don't want to have to throw my blinkers away.

Franc
inventor :-)
RFUSE
Message 77 of 122 (1,155 Views)

09-02-2011 09:30 AM in reply to: nrz13

Auto Desk needs to make all file dialog's compliant with windors standard.

For example, the Create Sheet Set - Choose Layouts file selection dialog cannot be enlarged nor do the page up/page down function work.

It would also be nice for the file dialogs to remember the last folder selected, expecially while creating sheet sets and then plotting them.

R

Contributor
AndrewBuchan
Message 78 of 122 (925 Views)

11-02-2011 04:38 AM in reply to: nrz13

There seems to be a lot of posts about dialog boxes, so sorry if its already been asked and I missed it:

Feature: Add a check at the point of displaying a dialog box to ensure that it will indeed be visible in the current screen configuration.

The location for each dialog boxes is stored in the profile, however these coordinates may lie outwith the user's current screen resolution (perhaps the user moved from a dual monitor to a single monitor setup, and the dialog box used to show up on the second monitor).

In the case of a modal dialog box, all input to autocad is blocked until the user does something with the dialog box, but as they don't know there is a modal dialog box being displayed, they tend think AutoCAD has become unresponsive... We then need to go into the registry to change the coordinates/bounds.

*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 79 of 122 (667 Views)

12-22-2011 09:12 AM in reply to: AndrewBuchan

2013 Wishlist... Seriously.... How about offering real technical support for real issues in a timely manner. Start there and everything else will fix itself. Obviously the Autodesk testing group are working on super computers and not applying the software in a real world application. I feel 90% of the industry would be happy if 2013 worked as it should without erros, bugs, crashing, lag, etc. etc. Remember 2008, it's been awhile since a version of AutoCAD / Civil 3D has come out and installed properly and worked out of the box.

People are posting real issues that need attention and they aren't getting addressed by Autodesk. I love the, "Oh you'll have to wait for Service Pack 1 and hope they catch it.... I did replicate it so it's a real issue". How about, we'll fix it now and we'll automatically update your platform with the fix automatically because we're all online with a subscription based service. 

Create a tool or method for the users to request a FIX to a known issue and roll out the changes automatically. SP1 SP2 SP3 thing is a little bit ridiculous, especially when they are offered 2 years later... At the same time your sales people are saying get the new version it's fixed there, meanwhile 10 other things don't work with the new version.

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 80 of 122 (660 Views)

12-22-2011 09:37 AM in reply to: LeafRiders

I couln't agree more, why wait for 20, 30 bugs for SERVICE PACK to fix the Known Issue.

I got good reply from Autodesk about MVSETUP screwed up,  "We are working on it "  "Meanwhile you have to work around"

Geez, it's messed up for a decade, rewrite that lisp probably won't need a day.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.