AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

vishu7334
Message 1 of 4 (720 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD 2012 stops working without showing an error when I copy a surface

720 Views, 3 Replies
09-05-2011 12:24 AM

AutoCAD 2012 just stops when I try to copy a surface. It just says "(Not Responding)" on the window title bar. All I have to do is shut the ACAD process down and restart ACAD. But as soon as I start copying a surface and put it wherever I want, it just stops responding.

My system is running on Windows 7 32 bit OS with 4GB RAM. I was trying to copy the surface within the drawing and I WAS using AutoCAD command for copying. But it turned out that the culprit was someone else. It's layer filters. Too many layer filters overloads the CPU I guess. So I deleted all the layer filters and here I have it running again.I can now successfully copy surfaces which I want. Thanks for replying.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 4 (719 Views)

Betreff: AutoCAD 2012 stops working without showing an error when I copy a surfa

09-05-2011 01:01 AM in reply to: vishu7334

Hi,

when an application "stops responding", it's always necessary to know, what the task-manager says. Has the AutoCAD-task a CPU-load of 0 % ore more? Also imortant: how much memory is AutoCAD using, how much memory is built in your workstation (and are you running 32bit or 64bit).

Next is: how do you copy a surface. I see very often, that the windows-copy mechanism (^C ^V or "Edit==>Copy" / "Edit==>Paste") is used. If you do copy an AutoCAD-object within the same drawing, then the windows-copy is the worst way I can do; the way the object-data is running through your operating-system is like travelling to the moon and (hopefully) back.

Doing a copy within the same drawing, please us the AutoCAD-command _COPY!  So my question is, have you tried with the AutoCAD-command? Our did you have a problem with copying a surface from one drawing to another?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
vishu7334
Message 3 of 4 (715 Views)

Betreff: AutoCAD 2012 stops working without showing an error when I copy a surfa

09-05-2011 02:08 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My system is running on Windows 7 32 bit OS with 4GB RAM. I was trying to copy the surface within the drawing and I WAS using AutoCAD command for copying. But it turned out that the culprit was someone else. It's layer filters. Too many layer filters overloads the CPU I guess. So I deleted all the layer filters and here I have it running again.I can now successfully copy surfaces which I want. Thanks for replying.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 4 of 4 (713 Views)

09-05-2011 02:20 AM in reply to: vishu7334

Hi,

>> Too many layer filters overloads the CPU I guess. So I deleted all the layer filters and here I have it running again.

Wow, thank you for the feedback, that's new to me.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.