AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

kelvince
Message 1 of 6 (3,092 Views)

AutoCAD 2012 problems with copy & paste and inserting blocks

3092 Views, 5 Replies
04-05-2012 02:42 AM

Having problems when copy/cut and paste. When pasting or inserting a block into a drawing the subject disappears.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 6 (3,083 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 problems with copy & paste and inserting blocks

04-05-2012 04:40 AM in reply to: kelvince

Hi,

>> When pasting or inserting a block into a drawing the subject disappears

What is "subject" for you? What geometry-type do you mean when speaking about disappeared subject?

Have you verified layer-settings? E.g. if you copy a line on layer A into a drawing where layer A is frozen that may look like "disappearing".

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributor
saru311
Message 3 of 6 (2,856 Views)

08-01-2012 09:29 AM in reply to: kelvince

We have Autocad MEP 2012 and have the same problem.  I'll have 2 drawings open.  Copy with base point in one drawing.  Switch to the second drawing.  Paste.  Acts like it works but nothing is there.  After shutting down autocad and restarting and do the same thing again it works but only 2 or 3 times before it does not paste again.  Then shut down Autocad again and repeat.

I've purged, checked layers and even checked blocks with same names but nothing seams to work.  I've had this problem for several months, a co-worker started to experience it last month and now my boss (who also does a lot of drafting) is now experiencing it as well.  It's like a virus within a drawing maybe?

mmcdev
Message 4 of 6 (2,659 Views)

12-04-2012 03:33 PM in reply to: saru311

I am having the same problem with copy and paste in AutoCad 13. Also inserting a block it will act like it is going to insert and you can even see the block but as soon as you hit enter it disappears. Almost like drawing has limit to amount of blocks or copy and paste it can do on a single drawing. This has been very frustrating! never had this problem on any other versions of AutoCad. The last job I did I had to xref in my blocks of simple hanger details.

Love to learn of a variable setting or some easy fix to this.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 6 (2,646 Views)

12-05-2012 05:12 AM in reply to: mmcdev

Is everyone sure all layers are thawed/on and visible, and that there is no identical duplicate block already defined in the destination file? 99% of the time, that's all it is. You can test this by immediately opening a new empty blank file and pasting there, if it appears that's the answer.

Otherwise, grab a Windows Clipboard viewer (copy/paste is a Windows function, not an AutoCAD one) and see if your content is actually there: "acting like it's about to insert" means nothing really since your clipboard is likely populated (restarting the PC does clear the cache BTW, maybe why it gets fixed).

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
antonio_ruizromero
Message 6 of 6 (729 Views)

05-22-2014 04:37 PM in reply to: pendean

In Autocad 2013, I had this problem, specially with the blocks, the drawings are from the house, so that makes it even more strange.

I solved, until now doing this procedure:

1.- I exploded The block that is not possible to be inserted in the new drawing.

2.- Purge and Audit the source file where is the block in order to erase all the block references

3.- Purge and Audit also the destination file, just in case the previous attemps would have taken the block references to the destination file

4.- I recreated, using BLOCK command, the block previously erased, giving it the previous name it had also

5.- Now, its working

Hope this can help.

In the process of looking a solution, I accept the comments given by other users, and noticed that appeared a layer that had a name like $AUDIT-ERROR-LAYER

when I tried to erase, isolate and purge, nothing worked, so, that make me thought that the error could be in the block itself, that´s the reason I make the "sin" of explode the block that could not be copied.

After purge and audit in step 2, that layer dissapeared, and I hope that the problem of copy paste a stuborn block too.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.