AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Mentor
katie1994
Message 1 of 4 (1,865 Views)

autocad 2012 plot Shaded Viewport Options sketchy

1865 Views, 3 Replies
03-01-2012 10:31 AM

Can anyone tell me how to use the "Shaded Viewport Options" in the Plot dialog box? We saw an option for Sketchy in the dropdown menu but I can't find any information about how to use it, or how to change the settings, or even what the intent is for it. When we have selected it and viewed in Preview it shows up as a mass of lines too dense to be usable. 

We are using AutoCAD 2012 on a PC in model space.

*Expert Elite*
dgorsman
Message 2 of 4 (1,859 Views)

Re: autocad 2012 plot Shaded Viewport Options sketchy

03-01-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: katie1994

Check the Visual Styles palette, there's a boatload of settings there.  Most of them are documented in the Help file, and there are pop-ups on the palette (if enabled).  Those and a little experimental testing will hopefully get you close to what you are looking for.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
Adopt. Adapt. Overcome. Or be overcome.
A good question will be halfway to a good answer.

bsdoainvention
Message 3 of 4 (856 Views)

12-26-2013 10:15 AM in reply to: katie1994

Yes it is trouble!!! I want to print my layout at a realistic view and I canot!!!! As you see, there is the option "shaded vieport options" but it is grey and I can not select the option I want "As displayed" !!! Please can somebody help me and tell me how I can corect that option??? Thank you.

Be carefull
*Expert Elite*
hmsilva
Message 4 of 4 (835 Views)

12-26-2013 01:23 PM in reply to: bsdoainvention

bsdoainvention wrote:

I want to print my layout at a realistic view and I canot!!!! As you see, there is the option "shaded vieport options" but it is grey and I can not select the option I want "As displayed" !!! Please can somebody help me and tell me how I can corect that option???

Hi bsdoainvention, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

- go to the layout
- select the layout boundary
- type PROPERTIES
- under Misc, Shade plot -> As Displayed

__Plot.png

Hope that helps
Henrique

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.