Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2012 glitch switching between model and paper space. Help.

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
ITman22
643 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD 2012 glitch switching between model and paper space. Help.

Hey.  I open a dwg file, scroll around in paper space, go to model space, scroll around, go back to paper space, and all of the lines are messed up.  It's almost as if model space has merged with paper space and I'm looking through it.  I can see exactly what I see in model space IN paper space along with the other stuff.  Regen doesn't fix it.  This glitch happens on every computer EXCEPT the computer the file was created on.  Help is appreciated.

Thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
leothebuilder
in reply to: ITman22

Is the viewport in paper space locked or unlocked?

Post the file so someone can have a look at it.

Message 3 of 15
ITman22
in reply to: leothebuilder

Hey.  I've attached the file with proprietary things removed and many lines deleted.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 15
leothebuilder

I've just opened your file and I do not have any problems zooming and panning in model and paper space.

I noticed that you have two circular viewports.

I never use circulat viewports but I undestand that these can sometimes be troublesome.

Message 5 of 15
pendean

is the problem unique to this one file?
Is the problem limited to circular viewports only?

Is the authoring PC also 2012? Or are you all running a mix of versions?
Could the problem be the missing XREF in the file you posted?

I also cannot replicate your reported issue in the xref-free file you posted.
Message 6 of 15
ITman22
in reply to: pendean

There are multiple files that have this same issue.

I'll look into the circular viewports idea.

All PCs are using 2012

I don't think it would be the xref.

Oh and I found out that 2 out of 4 computers can run the file without glitches. Weird.

Message 7 of 15
drjohn
in reply to: leothebuilder

@leothebuilder wrote:

I've just opened your file and I do not have any problems zooming and panning in model and paper space.

I noticed that you have two circular viewports.

I never use circulat viewports but I undestand that these can sometimes be troublesome.

Just FYI ... not a criticism...  I use circular viewports daily and never had an issue with them.

Regards,

DJ

Message 8 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

can you upload a file plus the screenshot that shows the issue with this file so it's easier for us to compare your results with our's.

>> Oh and I found out that 2 out of 4 computers can run the file without glitches. Weird.

I would first try to disable hardware acceleration and see if that issue happens again.

If disabling the hw-acceleration solves the problem the next step is to find a graphic card driver working with your files with activated hw-acceleration.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 9 of 15
ITman22
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I've attached the file.  I can't get a screenshot right now because the people with the 2 computers that mess up are using their computers.

Thanks.

Message 10 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I can't get a screenshot right now because the people with the 2 computers that mess up are using their computers.

As others reported ... I don't see a problem with your drawings too ... that's why I wanted to see a screenshot (with markers which show the position of the ghost-objects). That can bring up other ideas.

But again, try the hw-acceleration, and let us know if that helped.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 11 of 15
ITman22
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey.  The hw-acceleration didn't help.  I've attached a screenshot.

Message 12 of 15
nestly2

Could there be another (overlapping) Viewport?

Use CTRL+R to cycle through all the VP's and/or use QSELECT to verify how many Viewports exist.

Overlapping VPs.gif

Message 13 of 15
drjohn
in reply to: nestly2

Nice catch, nestly2. 

Message 14 of 15
pendean

Your 'garbage" look like smaller scaled versions of the viewport on the left and the viewport on the right. Where are those? Not in your posted file that you shared (nestly2's idea).

Advanced Steel proxy content is showing up in your file: could be your add-on that is the culprit. Here is your cleaned up file. Of that missing XREF?

Message 15 of 15
ITman22
in reply to: pendean

My colleague just found the solution.  It is: Options > System > Layout Regen Options > Regen when switching layouts.  If it's set to Cache model tab and all layouts, then it has the glitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost