AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

josuediaz9301
Message 1 of 4 (775 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD 2012 - Extending MLeader landings.

775 Views, 3 Replies
02-01-2012 04:52 PM

I have had an issue with AutoCAD 2012 that I cannot fix. AutoCAD 2010 did not do this.

Here is the problem: I start by directing your attention to the attached file "LEADER PROB1". As you can see, i have two MLEADER notations. one ("TOP LINE") is above the other ("MIDDLE LINE"). The left side of the text in both mleader notations align and the leader jets out from the left side as well. However, each leader has a different angle at the corner of the leader landing. If I wanted to make the "MIDDLE LINE" leader angel to match the "TOP LINE" Leader angle, i used to move nod where the landing bends and continues on to the leader (circled in red in my attached image).

However, when i move this node, I end up with the angles matching, BUT now the text is not aligned, see attached image "LEADER PROB2".

How can i fix this? Quick Leaders ("QLEADER") works just fine (in regards to landing extensions) but not MLEADERS. HELP!!! I would like to extend the mleader landing but keep the text where it is, I dont want the text portion to move.

Select the Middle Line leader, and hover on top of the grip that connects the leader to the leader landing. Are you seeing an options menu to Stretch, Lengthen Landing, and Add Leader (see attached Options Menu.png)? If so you can use the Lengthen Leader option to move that grip without moving the text. If you are not seeing the menu options, check out the GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL system variable and see if it is set to "3" like mine is, which should allow you to see the options menu.

Another option would be to set the two leader landings the same length in the Properties pallette, or change the Middle Line leader length to be the same as the Top Line (see Properties.png). Then use the MLEADERALIGN command to align the two leaders with respect to the Top Line leader with the Current Mode or Options set to "Use Current Spacing" and while using the Ortho Mode to assist in lining up the end of the leader landings and text (see MLeaderAlign.png).

*Expert Elite*
Patchy
Message 2 of 4 (766 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2012 - Extending MLeader landings.

02-01-2012 05:13 PM in reply to: josuediaz9301

Nothing in the MLEADERSTYLE can help you?

josuediaz9301
Message 3 of 4 (763 Views)

02-01-2012 05:19 PM in reply to: josuediaz9301

I have clicked and checked every box, tried every option within MLEADERSTYLE but still no luck.

Valued Mentor
gjrcmb
Message 4 of 4 (755 Views)

02-01-2012 08:07 PM in reply to: josuediaz9301

Select the Middle Line leader, and hover on top of the grip that connects the leader to the leader landing. Are you seeing an options menu to Stretch, Lengthen Landing, and Add Leader (see attached Options Menu.png)? If so you can use the Lengthen Leader option to move that grip without moving the text. If you are not seeing the menu options, check out the GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL system variable and see if it is set to "3" like mine is, which should allow you to see the options menu.

Another option would be to set the two leader landings the same length in the Properties pallette, or change the Middle Line leader length to be the same as the Top Line (see Properties.png). Then use the MLEADERALIGN command to align the two leaders with respect to the Top Line leader with the Current Mode or Options set to "Use Current Spacing" and while using the Ortho Mode to assist in lining up the end of the leader landings and text (see MLeaderAlign.png).

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.