Did you mean: 

Autocad 2011 printing problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
nealeedwards
321 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2011 printing problem

Hi - I'm using autocad 2011 and printing to a canon ipf610 - this has been fine for years. Now when I send a print it takes 2 - 3 minutes to send the job to printer which then takes more than 10 minutes to print. My last three prints are blank pages?? I have checked print settings and I don't think I'm doing anything different. Using windows7 sp1 64 bit computer and latest printer driver. Any help much appreciated as it's driving me crazy!

Further info: drawing file is 761KB and blank print is on A1 paper. Have just printed as per usual on A4 sheet?

Printing to A2 sheet took more than 1 minute to send job to printer and 5 minutes to start printing. Printing was successful but noticed the file size was 17.2 Mb?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: nealeedwards

Something changed, what is it? Sometrhing changged unless it's file specific.
Can you plot this file to PDF? or DWF? ANy issues there?
Message 3 of 3
nealeedwards
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for your input Dean - you got me thinking. My drawing saved to pdf and dwf OK but it was the printing that was slow. I realised the only setting I had changed was choosing the drawing to print as a line drawing text 1200 dpi as opposed to the image setting. Changed this back to image 600dpi and all is back to normal! Great! Thanks again, Neale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost