AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

th.kam
Message 1 of 2 (751 Views)

AutoCAD 2011 Freezes at Launch, Opening Template File

751 Views, 1 Replies
11-12-2012 02:43 PM

Hi,

I have been bugged by the above issue ever since I replaced my work laptop recently.  The new laptop details are as follow:

HP EliteBook 8560w

8GB RAM

Windows 7, 64bit

After numerous trials, I found out that it wasn't completely frozen but will come alive after about 4 minutes followed by an invalid search warning. Any idea what it was waiting for and how to resolve this issue?

It will also show

Thanks and best regards,

TH

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (702 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2011 Freezes at Launch, Opening Template File

11-14-2012 12:39 PM in reply to: th.kam

Hi,

the messages show you that 3 linked files don't find their exe's. That may be because you set your path to PC3 and CTB/STB to a folder that was created by an older AutoCAD version. So you have the links (files listed in your screenshot) pointing to EXE-files that don't exist on your pc.

And IMHO you may also have other paths pointing to directories that don't exist on your system, because 4 minutes are to long to just catch this error for 3 files.

Either you repair the links or you reset your profile to a clean state (like after installation) by initiating the secondary installer, described >>>here<<< for AutoCAD 2010 (so take care you change the description to your 2011-release).

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.