AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

th.kam
Message 1 of 2 (761 Views)

AutoCAD 2011 Freezes at Launch, Opening Template File

761 Views, 1 Replies
11-12-2012 02:43 PM

Hi,

I have been bugged by the above issue ever since I replaced my work laptop recently.  The new laptop details are as follow:

HP EliteBook 8560w

8GB RAM

Windows 7, 64bit

After numerous trials, I found out that it wasn't completely frozen but will come alive after about 4 minutes followed by an invalid search warning. Any idea what it was waiting for and how to resolve this issue?

It will also show

Thanks and best regards,

TH

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 2 (712 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2011 Freezes at Launch, Opening Template File

11-14-2012 12:39 PM in reply to: th.kam

Hi,

the messages show you that 3 linked files don't find their exe's. That may be because you set your path to PC3 and CTB/STB to a folder that was created by an older AutoCAD version. So you have the links (files listed in your screenshot) pointing to EXE-files that don't exist on your pc.

And IMHO you may also have other paths pointing to directories that don't exist on your system, because 4 minutes are to long to just catch this error for 3 files.

Either you repair the links or you reset your profile to a clean state (like after installation) by initiating the secondary installer, described >>>here<<< for AutoCAD 2010 (so take care you change the description to your 2011-release).

Good luck, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.