AutoCAD 2010/2011/2012

Distinguished Contributor
mdriver1
Message 1 of 4 (2,134 Views)

AutoCAD 2011 3dconfig...

2134 Views, 3 Replies
11-06-2010 09:37 PM

indicating that my card is not certified but it is per the graphics card list?

Nvidia Quadro FX 380 with the latest driver installed from Autodesk list.

Portion of tune log below:

3D Device
---------
Name             : NVIDIA Quadro FX 380
Manufacturer     : NVIDIA
Chip set         : Quadro FX 380
Memory           : 3817 MB
Driver           : 8.17.0012.5912

Your machine contains a 3D Device that is not certified.

As more graphics cards and 3D display drivers are tested, they are added to a list on the Autodesk website.

You can check for updates and download the latest certification list at any time. Run the 3DCONFIG command and click the Check for Updates button.

Current application driver:    Software

Also, I try to update the driver using "check for updates" and receive (see attached)

Also more images in same attached image

Thanks,

Mark Driver

*Pro
nestly
Message 2 of 4 (2,091 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2011 3dconfig...

11-07-2010 03:19 AM in reply to: mdriver1

Sometimes it does update, but continues to say it didn't until you restart.  I'm not sure about the network error though, might your firewall be blocking it from connecting to the Autodesk server, or maybe the files is read-only, or your profile doesn't have rights to update that file?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?linkID=9240617&id=12051737&siteID=123112

Either way, I wouldn't be particurally concerned, you're definitely running a certified version of the driver, it's just that the autodesk driver database on your computer isn't current.

Distinguished Contributor
mdriver1
Message 3 of 4 (2,066 Views)

11-07-2010 06:11 AM in reply to: mdriver1

Thanks for the reply.

So how does one update the database? Not really concerned as it sounded in my "oh my gosh" message but would like to be able to update and receive update notifications through the AutoCAD interface. I installed the driver from Nvidia without error and things "seem" fine.

It may be a read only situation but in my experiences with Windows 7 64-bit, it's a administrative rights issue. A 90% reality for most issues regarding programs, etc.

Thanks again,

Mark Driver 

wkailey
Message 4 of 4 (1,705 Views)

01-06-2011 09:10 AM in reply to: mdriver1

I am experiencing the same problem. I have a fairly new and fairly high end graphics card (Nvidia GEForce) and am getting the same messages about need to update the driver list, but then when I try to do that, it refuses and tells me to make sure I have permission to write the file. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate, and I know from bitter experience that the multi-layered and complex file and folder permission structure of Windows 7 seems to confuse a lot of software that runs well on earlier versions of Windows. I suspect that is what is going on here. I would like to get a fix for this because, hey, if I didn't want to use the hardware acceleration features of my graphics card, I wouldn't have shelled out all the money to replace the four-year-old card that came with my machine originally.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.