Did you mean: 

Autocad 2010 slow performance in window 7 when connecting to internet

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
maxlam9
340 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2010 slow performance in window 7 when connecting to internet

Dear sir, 

We have over 6 machines with different version of Autocad, some are 2008, some are 2010. All are running in window 7 64 bit. We found the performance on 'opening an existing files' in local desktop is very slow (Our machine is fast with i7 or i5 specification). Today we found all of them have bad performance taking long time, over 20 mins, to open the existing files around 20MB file size. We already tried many methods but the problem cannot be fixed. Some AUTOCAD even takes over 45 mins to open. 

We tried to disconnect from the internet, we found the file speed can return normal, just few secound or within 1-2 mins. However once connecting the PC to the internet, it got back the problem of slow performance. 

Frankly our Autocad files are keeping in a NAS server, however, we tested the above problem in its local desktop of PC, so it is impossible for the people to keep the PC not connecting to the internet. Can you please advise how to fix this problem?

much thanks

Max

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: maxlam9

Grab some Windows tools and find out what is going on with your PCs and the internet: freeware like PROCESSMONITOR are good to start with.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 4
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Pendean

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/general-systems-the-basics-of-using-process-monit...

And please check this PC with Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, Anti-RootKit !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman

From memory, there have been problems noted when using NAS for file storage.  A search should turn up some of those posts.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost