Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2010 free for student?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
-MickeY-
3302 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2010 free for student?

Does anyone could tell me whether it is possible to download AutoCAD 2010 for students to use and three years for free?

When you go to a "free for student" have the option to choose only the 2012, 13, 14 and 15 and in 2010 was offered ...

Problem is that my computer does not have enough good configuration that would support a verzion after 2010/11.

Given that I find this program very much needed for school I hope there is a solution to my problem, and if there is, I think it would be dosbro that there is "AutoCAD 2010 for student" because we really need and do not have the opportunity to take off this version free.

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: -MickeY-

2015 is the only version available for EDU right now.
Message 3 of 6
-MickeY-
in reply to: pendean

So I do not understand why there can not be an option for 2010 for example ... There are plenty of them who need that version and have the opportunity to take it off, but when some versions can be downloaded and used for free for three years why they could, and this i know i'm not the only one who needs this, i think it would be nice to be, and this version to download for free for three years ...

Message 4 of 6
camilo.lemos

Hi @-MickeY- 

The 2010 version is out of our supported products range (2012-2015), which means that, if anything happens to the program, if any errors occur, if a crash happens and you lose your work, we wouldn't be able to provide any support for the issue.

It also means that this version is less likely to be compatible with more current Operating Systems, graphics cards, etc.

That's why this version is no longer available for students. We like to not only offer free software, but also offer support for the programs we make available to you.

I hope this helps clarify why only newer versions of our software are available on the Education Community.

P.S: Small correction to @pendean 's post above, versions 2012-2015 are available from the Education Community at the moment.

Camilo Lemos

Message 5 of 6
pendean

EDU licenses are only active for three years: AutoCAD 2010 came out in the year 2009, it's the year 2014 now.
Message 6 of 6
jggerth1

@-MickeY- wrote:

So I do not understand why there can not be an option for 2010 for example ... There are plenty of them who need that version and have the opportunity to take it off, but when some versions can be downloaded and used for free for three years why they could, and this i know i'm not the only one who needs this, i think it would be nice to be, and this version to download for free for three years ...

Also consider that if you are looking for a job post graduation, and have only worked with older, obsolete, unsupported versions of software on no-longer available operating systems, that would likely be a negative on the resume -- employers would have to factor the cost of basic software upgrade training into their decision to hire you.

If you need a cad package for basic drafting education that can run on lower end hardware happily, then look at Draftsight.  It's not an autocad equivalent, but is a 'work-alike' that uses the dwg format.  the price is right for students, e.g. free to use for any purpose.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost