Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2010 crashing when plotting on Windows 7

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
asforza21
319 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2010 crashing when plotting on Windows 7

Our office just got new computers (Dell) with Windows 7 operating systems. I transfered the license from my old computer to the new for 2010 AutoCAD.  Everything is working fine with the exception that when I plot to PDF, AutoCAD crashes. The PDF gets made but CAD closes and nothing saves. My coworker has a similar problem - She is now running AutoCAD 2008 on Windows 7 and her CAD crashes when she sends an 11x17 size sheet to the printer. Everything works fine when she prints to PDF or prints other size sheets.

Any suggestions, or is anyone having this problem?

Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: asforza21

Win 7 32- or 64-bit?

Do the machines meet or exceed system requirements listed here?:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

What PDF driver are you using?

Are you using PC3 files, and if so, sharing them?

Message 3 of 6
pendean

HP Printers require teh HP UNIVERSAL PRINTER DRIVER, from HP, to work as you wish.
Message 4 of 6
asforza21
in reply to: dmfrazier

Win 7 32- or 64-bit? 64-bit

Do the machines meet or exceed system requirements listed here?: machine meets and exeeds these requirements

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...

What PDF driver are you using? I have tried all of the options that save the files as a PDF

Are you using PC3 files, and if so, sharing them? I am not sharing them

Message 5 of 6
asforza21
in reply to: pendean

Does printing to PDF have a relation with HP printers?

Message 6 of 6
dmfrazier

"I have tried all of the options that save the files as a PDF"

I have to assume this means you have tried all of the built-in commands/methods which produce a PDF using AutoCAD's DWG to PDF driver.  Is that a fair assumption?

If not, please be more specific.

If so, I think it would help if you could please do this:

• Run  _plottermanager
  • Find and double-click DWG To PDF.pc3
  • Copy an image of the Plotter Configuration Editor window showing the General tab (perhaps using the Snipping Tool)
  • Insert a copy of that image into a reply to this post

Thanks.

By the way, I know you transferred your licenses, but when you installed the software, were you able to also install any Service Pack(s)?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost