Did you mean: 

Auto Numbering Command?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mde320
14427 Views, 5 Replies

Auto Numbering Command?

Greetings Forum,

I use AutoCAD 2011/2012 and often times have to number offices and workstations.  I now have to number these offices and workstations individually by using the Text command, then copying the first number I create and then place at each office/workstation.  I then have to edit each workstation text individually and type in the correct number.

Does AutoCAD have a command that would allow me to do auto sequencing for numbering offices by any increment (1's, 2's, 3's, etc.) or (501, 502, 504, 506, 508, etc.)???

Thx

MD

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nestly2
in reply to: mde320

Assuming Express Tools are loaded  TCOUNT  will do it.

or if you want the Cadillac, get Incremental Numbering Suite  by @Lee_Mac 

Message 3 of 6
mde320
in reply to: nestly2

Thanks Nestly2 this is a great start!

However, after trying this command, it looks like I have to enter the TCOUNT command each time I want to number an office.  Is there a way I can start the first number with TCOUNT, set the increments, and just click on each text that follows to change automatically?

MD

Message 4 of 6
nestly2

Start TCOUNT then select the objects in the order you want them to increment.  (this can also be done with a selection or crossing window rather than picking incrementally if the X and/or Y values corrospond to the way you need them incremented.  See attached for selection order method.

TCOUNT.gif

Message 5 of 6
3wood

You can also try 2 ways below:

1. Create the first number then use INNB to copy it to new places with increment to numbers.

2. Create the first number then copy it to all rooms, draw a line to represent the number sequence path, then use ALTEXT to change all numbers in one go.

Message 6 of 6
mehroimmi
in reply to: nestly2

tnx a lot boss it's working well. god bless u

@nestly2 wrote:

Assuming Express Tools are loaded  TCOUNT  will do it.

or if you want the Cadillac, get Incremental Numbering Suite  by @Lee_Mac 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost